Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP QUICK!!! Collections with AT&T and DCI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED HELP QUICK!!! Collections with AT&T and DCI

Hey everyone, I am new to these forums and hoping to get some help. I had an account go to collections with AT&T a while back and was contacted by DCI about said collections. I attempted to do a pay for delete on the account but was denied. I then read some forums here and some other sites, and one person suggested to try reaching out to AT&T directly to settle the account. So I called AT&T and asked if the debt was sold off or was a contingent account with DCI. I was told it was sold off, but could speak to the account receivables deptartment regarding the account. So I called the AR department and spoke to a rep that stated if i paid the account in full, they could contact DCI to let them know and that it would show as "paid in full" and that it should drop off of my credit report. Is this the same as PFD or will the account still show on my credit report? If so, would you recommend calling AT&T back and asking to speak to a supervisor and request the PFD? To clarify, DCI is the only account show as being in collections with credit bureaus.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED HELP QUICK!!! Collections with AT&T and DCI

If the debt was sold I don't see how ATT can delete it. If you pay them what guarantee you have that it will be deleted. It's your debt, so paying it to show zero balance is good for a manual review of your credit.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

they stated they were going to send a letter to DCI and me stating it was paid in full--if that's the. case, should DCI remove the record? or once it's paid, can i submit a dispute?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCI would have no obligation to remove debt. If you dispute after it's paid you will be disputing accurate information and it's not guaranteed that it would be deleted. PFD with DCI is not possible since they own the debt? Getting your money is an incentive to get DCI to delete. Once it's paid there is no incentive for them to delete.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

would you recommend calling AT&T back and asking about PFD? or what can i do to get this off of my credit report? or is there a chance i was misinformed by AT&T?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are in a tough situation since DCI owns the debt and won't agree to a PFD. I would do a lot of research on them and see how others handled them. For example, is there any indication that even though they won't agree to a PFD they do indeed delete after being paid?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.