Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH GW'S!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

NEED HELP WITH GW'S!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I'm trying to find addresses & emails & fax #'s (ANYTHING!!!) for the following culprits:

Me:

1) First Federal Credit & Collections (Medical) - PFD - 2 Acct's = $588

2) Bank of America - GW for deletion - PAID IN FULL $0 balance

3) Credit Protection Association (Comcast) - PFD - 2 Acct's = $1,249

4) Account Resolution Service (Medical) - PFD - $460

5) Jefferson Capital Systems (Imagine MC) - PFD - $501

6) Merrick Bank - GW for lates removal

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: NEED HELP WITH GW'S!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Contact addresses should be listed on your CR's.

And as far as email address.....You can always call them and ask, for the email address only.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 16
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Honestly, no offense to anyone but I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't NEED it. I've already sent letters to the addresses on my CR's with no luck for months now. This isn't the first time I've tried to reach out to someone but get a dry/pointless/sarcastic answer! I feel like it's every man/woman for him/her self out here!!! A million posts but no help......... Smiley Sad

Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Message 3 of 16
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

Honestly, no offense to anyone but I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't NEED it. I've already sent letters to the addresses on my CR's with no luck for months now. This isn't the first time I've tried to reach out to someone but get a dry/pointless/sarcastic answer! I feel like it's every man/woman for him/her self out here!!! A million posts but no help......... Smiley Sad

I don't know why you think my answer is dry/pointless/sarcastic answer! I'm only trying to help you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't know you already used the addresses on your CR's.

When posting try to give us as much info as possible.Smiley Wink

Do you have this address for Credit Protection Assoc?  13355 Noel Road Dallas, TX 752

Hope this info helps.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

If you haven't done so already, you can try the search function.  Type in the

CA name and see what comes up.

You can also try google for email addresses.

Also, try looking through this thread.  You may find something here:  

GW this....support group!

Message 5 of 16
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

The reason you're not getting replies with email addresses, etc is that GW success simply doesn't work that way. If we could all get "yes"-es to our GWs simply by sharing the same email addresses, then we'd have great credit scores. But we don't. A couple of things:

1) Most creditors don't have a set of email addresses that are always (or even sometimes) successful for GWs. The reality is that GWs are by far the exception and most creditors are NOT willing to give them. When people have success and get that coveted "yes", it's most likely a matter of luck. Having the right person read your letter on the right day. That same person might tell the previous and next 100 GW requests "no". And actually, using an email/address someone else shares with you is probably counter-productive. If they've shared it with you, they've probably shared it with lots of others and then, guess what... that person is now receiving a ton of GWs which they're going to be totally annoyed with and ignore.

2) If you want GW success, you really have to put in the work and find your own contact info. I have spent HOURS using Google, Hoovers, LikedIn, etc to search for and find email addresses for people and/or contact info at my creditors. Sometimes I have no luck and have to come back to it anohter day, sometimes I get lucky and find a few contacts... it's frustrating, time-consuming and not easy.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 6 of 16
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I hope I didn't offend anyone by thinking out loud BUT you have all proven to that these posts/blogs are a waste of time because it is every man for himself here & Google has been my BFF in this battle..... I do realize that what you did to fix your credit worked for you but may not work for me the same way the email addresses others have used & succeeded with may not work for me BUT remember that everyone here is working for the same goal = TO FIX/REPAIR OUR CREDIT. If you respond to my post saying "here you go..... all the emails I've used..... Good luck" that's hope. Surely you can't assume it won't work for me if it did or didn't work for you. But if you respond negatively saying "that's not how things work.... yadda..... yadda.... yadda...." well that's defeats the purpose of me asking for help. 

All I'm saying is if you don't mind helping then PLEASE help but these posts don't always have to be lectures or sarcastic remarks. I do realize my original post doesn't say that I used the addresses on the CR's so I do SINCERELY APOLOGIZE for that but I think it's safe to assume I did because how else would I have all the info posted.... Just saying! Thanks anyway to all who have responded but have yet to realize that they did not help. Instead just frustrated an already upset person battling with bad credit due to bad decisions in the past.

God Bless Everyone & Have A Wonderful Day!!!

Message 7 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

I hope I didn't offend anyone by thinking out loud BUT you have all proven to that these posts/blogs are a waste of time because it is every man for himself here & Google has been my BFF in this battle.....                   "here you go..... all the emails I've used..... Good luck" .....

In this case, Google may be the best resourse for you as opposed to these forums. It's been mentioned before, but we, as posters, aren't allowed to post e-mails of others into these forums. There might be a great contact at bobsmith@whateverbaddie.com, but the Terms of these forums prohibit posting links like this example in which the e-mail links back to a person. So, assuming others had this e-mail, and they saw your post, they couldn't post it anyway. Now they can certainly PM it or provide a link provided the link isn't to a commercial or questionable site.

Also, whenever posters post direct info, assuming it slipped by, then everyone and everyone's mom would use it. If it were an isolated contact, then using that e-mail would forever close the door on that opportunity. That's why OC's/CA's e-mail addresses come and go and you'll probably see that if you used the results found on google.

There's nothing wrong with e-mailing. I had a PFD success once via e-mail. I also had success with one on your list, though that was snail mail. Because of the rules of this site, you won't find too many e-mails listed.

Message 9 of 16
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Nothing I said or anyone else said was a lecture or sarcastic.

How on earth have you interpreted the content of these boards as "every man for himself." The members of these message boards provide TONS of incredibly valuable advice every day. If you need assistance with how to interpret something on your CRs, how others' experiences have been with X creditor, what step to take next, etc, then you will get tons of replies with lots of advice. However, requesting that others supply with with email addresses as oppossed to simply Googling for yourself is not going to garner a lot of help from others. We're all here to repair our credit and we all spend lots of time working on our own credit issues, along with assisting others... but other members are here to guide and assist you, not do it for you.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.