cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP WITH GW'S!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

tag
oldtowngrill
New Contributor

Re: NEED HELP WITH GW'S!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Nothing I said or anyone else said was a lecture or sarcastic.

How on earth have you interpreted the content of these boards as "every man for himself." The members of these message boards provide TONS of incredibly valuable advice every day. If you need assistance with how to interpret something on your CRs, how others' experiences have been with X creditor, what step to take next, etc, then you will get tons of replies with lots of advice. However, requesting that others supply with with email addresses as oppossed to simply Googling for yourself is not going to garner a lot of help from others. We're all here to repair our credit and we all spend lots of time working on our own credit issues, along with assisting others... but other members are here to guide and assist you, not do it for you.

+1...where were you on this one lol... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Trying-to-jump-on-the-AFNI-train-please-help/...

Starting Score: 655 EQ 616 TU
Current Score: 689 EQ 628 TU
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry you guys but - A G A I N - your responses are j...

I'm sorry you guys but - A G A I N - your responses are just not helping..... Please re-read the original post & take it from there. I'm not asking for opinions & sarcasm or +1's - I'M ASKING FOR HELP!!! Smiley Indifferent

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm sorry you guys but - A G A I N - your responses are j...

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

I'm sorry you guys but - A G A I N - your responses are just not helping..... Please re-read the original post & take it from there. I'm not asking for opinions & sarcasm or +1's - I'M ASKING FOR HELP!!! Smiley Indifferent

Did you happen to read post #9 of this thread? Did you find no value whatsoever in anything llecs wrote?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prolificjinx23 wrote:

I think that, perhaps, the expectations that you have for assistance may be out of line with the type of community support and help that we have in these forums. As IIecs mentioned here, the posting of people's email addresses simply isn't allowed. And, as LIGHTNIN demonstrated, we can't read your mind... we don't know what you've done already, or who you've tried to contact, or by what means. And, here's a direct quote from MBOhio2 that actually has some excellent resources for your reference:

@MBOhio2 wrote:

2) If you want GW success, you really have to put in the work and find your own contact info. I have spent HOURS using Google, Hoovers, LikedIn, etc to search for and find email addresses for people and/or contact info at my creditors. Sometimes I have no luck and have to come back to it anohter day, sometimes I get lucky and find a few contacts... it's frustrating, time-consuming and not easy.

I realize that this isn't the type of "help" that you're looking for, but this is the type of community assistance that we have to offer. We enable each other to help ourselves. This, because those of us who have walked the "Rebuilding" path quickly realized that quick & easy fixes are rare, and that most repairing takes a lot of effort that nobody, but nobody has a more vested interest than the "me" who wants to be rid of the baddie. If it were as simple as getting a community of folks who've BTDT to provide you with a list of contacts so that you could roll the dice... well, we'd have all been FICO High Achievers after 30 days. It's just not the reality of how things work. It's not in the nature of rebuilding. And, unfortunately, wanting it to be so, simply doesn't make it so. Every GW attempt is as unique as the individual attempting & their circumstances.

Back in my rebuilding days, like MBOhio2, I searched the SEC filings, and annual reports for contacts. There, you can always find names, addresses, and frequently enough, email addresses.

In your first post in this thread, you said that, "Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!" That's exactly what our members, to date, have kindly tried to do. I get that you're frustrated, but I think that your frustration may be blinding you. No, you didn't ask for opinions, but you did get some very valuable information in both the opinions, and the other responses. That's certainly what I got in my successful rebuilding journey. Tried & true. Smiley Happy

Much luck to you!

Message 14 of 16
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry LilMirth... I see that this conversation continues to go on as an offense to moderators... Am I wrong?? But I'm sure there's a lot of contributors that agree with me. Since I posted my original comment requesting help I've been able to have 2 accounts removed thru PFD's which is an awesome feeling since I did it by myself!!! I definitely understand that it takes hard work - which I've been putting in.

I never meant to come off as looking for an easy route so I hope you all don't think that of me. BUT AGAIN - I asked for help.... That's it - HELP.... Short & sweet. The reason why I asked for help & not opinions is because I've read MANY posts on this website & noticed that the opinions of contributors have been frowned upon in many instances while the moderators rule & at the end there really isn't anything said that would help - just a lot of opinions from people that think they know it all. Just like a friend in need - You help with closed eyes - You don't ridicule & give opinions. I do see most of you meant well so I appreciate it. Just remember that sometimes the resolution to a problem CAN be simple. I guess I'm old fashioned in where I don't see things as complicated as others. If I were to read a post like mine I would respond with any info I have if not I wouldn't have responded at all. 

I do also realize that every GW is unique that's why I made my own letters & didn't google junk. It's not the GW's that I need is any possible contact information for the companies... I don't think that's a hard thing to ask for. I have lists of contact info the companies I mentioned & wanted to see if there were any others I didn't try - maybe someone has an email address I don't have - that could be the key to getting my PFD's! 

I apologize sincerely to anyone whom I've offended & I promise that in the future I will be very careful with what I say... I understand that what I've said is also my own opinion & feelings which no one should take into offense - just consideration! 

Thank you all & GOD Bless!!! 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Apology accepted,  Smiley Wink 
Earlier I gave you an address to Credit Protection Assoc., you didn't respond to whether, you had that address or not.
Just wanted to know, if you had used that address already.
Credit Protection Assoc
13355 Noel Road
Dallas, TX 75240

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.