cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP

tag
Bigsteveham

NEED HELP

I am new to this forum. My situation is I filed Ch13 in 8/2013. I lost my job and was behind in Mortgage payments 150k , I had 2 secured cards at that time BOA and Orchard with CL1500 combined,both included in BK. That was my total debt. No auto loan cards were in good standing. The payment were higher than the Mortgage. So i couldn't keep up. Luckily after filling the Mortgage company sold dept to another company who gave me an Affordable modification and erased part of the Loan amount for depreciation. Since I have not missed a payment. I also have a Secured card Greendot CL1000,Cap1 platinum cl300. 10% util. I know from reading posts the CH13 wont come off until 8/2020 at the earliest. My current scores are Tu597,Ex614,Eq629. What can I do to raise my scores and qualify for an auto loan and secured credit and another mortgage in a couple years?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NEED HELP

Is the CH13 still active or closed out?

Message 2 of 7
Bigsteveham

Hi. My Ch13 was dissmissed in 2014. I stopped paying because my home was saved since i was granted a mortgage modification.
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Bigstevehamwrote:
Hi. My Ch13 was dissmissed in 2014. I stopped paying because my home was saved since i was granted a mortgage modification.

Ok, dismissed may remain on file for 10 years, if it is scheduled for drop in 2020 you are lucky. If you have COs showing unpaid and updating then you want to pay them off, you can try the PFD with the reporting creditors but even if you cant get it then you benefit from the stopped updates every month that keep your Fico depressed. You also need 3 cards for a rebuild so once you have settled the COs you can look at getting another card.

Message 4 of 7
Bigsteveham

Thank you. I have two Secured cards now both in good standing. Greendot bank cl1000$ and cap1 secured cl300$. Do i need another card or a secured loan too?
Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Bigstevehamwrote:
Thank you. I have two Secured cards now both in good standing. Greendot bank cl1000$ and cap1 secured cl300$. Do i need another card or a secured loan too?

If you still have the open mortgage no you dont need another installment loan. You do need a 3rd revolving card.

Message 6 of 7
Bigsteveham

Ok. Thank you so much for the advice.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.