Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED INSIGHT ON WHAT'S WRONG.......

tag
DEEREAL32
New Contributor

NEED INSIGHT ON WHAT'S WRONG.......

Can someone please let me know why my score keeps going down??? I just had my last collection deleted..then a new one added...i have 4 other derog accts/charge-offs that i am currently trying to work on they all date back to 2009...i have two revolving accts, one have a balance of $59.00 on cap1 with $200.00 CL..and another with a balance showing $151.00 with Navy fcu with $500.00 CL...I also had a re=po in 2008...which had a balance of $17,000.00...i paid the bank $5,000.00 that dropped it down to $12,000.00 and currently they are ready to settle for half of the $12,000.00....I will be paying both credit cards off to zero or one to zero and the other under <9% to show for august......is there something else i need to be doing please let me know

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: NEED INSIGHT ON WHAT'S WRONG.......

@DEEREAL32 wrote:

Can someone please let me know why my score keeps going down??? What are your present FICO scores? I just had my last collection deleted..then a new one added Your older collection may not have been hurting you as much as your most recent will be hurting your scores...i have 4 other derog accts/charge-offs that i am currently trying to work on they all date back to 2009 These are only a few years old and should hurt a little less as more time passes. Hopefully you can have them removed with goodwill letters...i have two revolving accts, one have a balance of $59.00 on cap1 with $200.00 CL..and another with a balance showing $151.00 with Navy fcu with $500.00 CL...I also had a re=po in 2008...which had a balance of $17,000.00...i paid the bank $5,000.00 that dropped it down to $12,000.00 and currently they are ready to settle for half of the $12,000.00....I will be paying both credit cards off to zero or one to zero and the other under <9% to show for august......is there something else i need to be doing please let me know In my opinion what you need to be doing is be patient. Your report is full of more negative information then positive information. It will not change over night! Take it all one step at a time. Handle one problem at a time. 

Keep in mind that most of us have been in your shoes in some way. We all wanted the quick fix and several may have been lucky to achieve this since the negatives were a minimal and not as much work to clean up. But you have to be realistic and understand that this is a time consuming situation and takes persistence and patience to achieve your goals........

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
DEEREAL32
New Contributor

Re: NEED INSIGHT ON WHAT'S WRONG.......

JM-AM

Thanks for the quick response...it just get so frustrating when i am trying so hard...i go to sleep thinking of ways to get all this taken care of and wake up with the same thing on my mind..everyone keeps telling to me to let this go and dont worry about it but i can give up i have to keep pushing thats my goal...my fico's ares 512 transunion and 520 equifax...i received my experian and it was 482 from (PSECU)...I know they are very low but compared to where they were im grateful...im trying i really appreciate the advise i will just focus on one account at a time...the collection that was deleted was recent from 01/2011...and now i pull my report and there is a new one...i will be mailing them a PFD...its only $350.00 i will offer them something and hope they accept it....Thanks again!!!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.