Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED INSIGHT PLEASE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED INSIGHT PLEASE!!!

First and foremost, 

I am so grateful for these forums and the great information posted.  I am currently rebuilding my credit after a long 9 year marriage and was suckered into paying everything that was attached to my name.   Obviously, his credit was not worthy and mine was.  Needless to say, I was slapped with all the debt including an auto loan and 3 kids to raise.  It was difficult when all I knew was to be house wife.  I learned the hard way.  

So, there was a massive amount of CC debt, a reposession, and medical debt, to which some have been removed and others are still in the clearing.  Although, I remained at a halt in making any payments to the creditors or CA, as we all know my CR took a hit.  

After 4 years had passed I had received an offer from First Premier, one that you have to pay a steep enrollement fee to gain credit...I did...  From there I made my payments on time and now have maintained a great history with them and four other creditors.  No late payments!  Which is great to say that I have picked myself up very well with the time has passed.  

Now that you know my history, I am stable both mentally and financially and am looking to shop for a mortgage however, there are still some collection accounts that are on my CR.  Most to be medical....grrrr....

I've been reading alot about PFD letters and GW letters and mixed success stories to fails..

What would be the best way to go about getting these removed with the intention of getting them settled for pennies on the dollar so to speak and having them deleted.  
As well as working with the other CA in regards to old CC debt?  

I need help and am new to this whole process!!! 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NEED INSIGHT PLEASE!!!

Wow, sounds like you had a real winner. Did you DV letters go out? I am so tired I don't remember if you wrote that. I got rid of 75% of my stuff immediately after I sent those out. A LOT of stuff. I also sent out goodwill letters to a couple of companies and I received calls back also going in my favor. If you settle, I would be worried it would stay on your credit anyways unless you had it in writing that they would pay for delete, though I am so weary of those people I haven't gone that route yet. I have a couple of thinngs that still stuck and I am going through the BBB as these 2 companies are real %$&&^&^*^(*&!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding.  No, I haven't sent out any letters due to me being alil timid.  I was just hoping for some insight on which I should choose.  This is all just to new for me.  I've never been one to monitor anything until now.   I know sounds horrible but now that I am stable enough to give a d***.  It's taken a toll on my CR.  

Ok, so DV letters seemed to work for you!  That sounds great!  What VD letter did you send to them and how long did it take for them to remove it, if they choose to remove it.  

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for responding.  No, I haven't sent out any letters due to me being alil timid.  I was just hoping for some insight on which I should choose.  This is all just to new for me.  I've never been one to monitor anything until now.   I know sounds horrible but now that I am stable enough to give a d***.  It's taken a toll on my CR.  

Ok, so DV letters seemed to work for you!  That sounds great!  What VD letter did you send to them and how long did it take for them to remove it, if they choose to remove it.  

Before you start going after these you first want to verify they are outside your states SOL as if they are still inside the court system can be used to get a judgment for the full amount plus fees, collection costs and interest. With that being said and if they are in fact past the SOL you would approach the CA with a PFD for a reduced amount, no more than 50% IMO, if they agree great, you pay them and they remove the TL from your CRs. If they refuse I would just let them sit you only have a year and a half left before they drop and when they do they are pretty much "zombies" that can be settled for even less. You will have to figure out the approach you want to take. Past the SOL a DV could also be used to validate the debt and if it sticks with validation then proceed to the PFD. Welcome to My Fico & I wish you good luck moving forward in your credit journey Smiley Happy

DV Info:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Debt-Validation/m-p/7133

PFD Info:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.