cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED MAJOR HELP- don't know how to clean up this mess!

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

NEED MAJOR HELP- don't know how to clean up this mess!

Hello Everyone. I have been browsing these boards for quite sometime now and it has been helpful. But I have come to the conclusion that I need to just air out my complete credit report in order to get the best advice on how to start improving my credit. I'm pretty embarassed of some of the mistakes I've made, but I'm ready to make changes now, to ensure a brighter future. Please bare with the long post and any advice is welcome!

This is my report from Transunion, as it is the worst of the three.

Current score: 474

Open Accounts:

Webbank/Fingerhut

Balance: 717

Credit Limit: 650

Never late/pays as agreed

**This balance is actually only 500 and is being reported incorrectly

First Premier

Balance $592

Credit Limit: 300

This balance is also incorrect because I made the payment after it was reported in Sept. Hoping Oct. report shows correct balance of $30

2012 lates- 2x 30 days, 1x 60 days

2013 lates- 2x 30, 1x 60, 1x 90

** I have written a letter eplaining the reason for the lates but I'm not holding my breath for deletion since there is so many

Credit one Bank

Credit Limit 300

Current balance-$7

2013 Lates- 1x30

**this card was maxed out before I paid it in full 2 weeks ago. Also wrote a letter requesting late be deleted

Capitol One

Credit Limit: 300

Balance: $4

2012 lates: 2x 30, 1x 60, 1x90

2012 lates: 2x 30,1x60,1x 90

I also have a car loan with a $7,257 balance- no lates- reporting postive AND a personal loan $900 no lates-reporting positive

I have 3 closed accounts (2 auto, 1 personal) that also show postive info-no lates, paid as agreed. One NEGITIVE item from a finance company charged off as bad debt but has since been paid through wage garishments (see civil Judgement below)

Collections:

Hillcrest Collections- $150- In collections since June 2013- paid balance to OC (Medical) and have requested they remove from CA

Collection Svs Center- $80- In Collections since Feb 2013- Paid balance to OC and have requested they remove from CA

TDS Telecom- $302-In collections since Oct 2009- Unpaid

Midland Funding- $1484- In collections since Sept 2009- Unpaid (aspire Visa is also reporting this debt)

CBS Collections: I tried writing them a PFD letter for all 4 accounts and never heard anything back. I have since contacted the two 81$ collections as they are the same OC to see about paying them directly for deletion.

$81 (medical)-In collections since 11/09

$81 (medical) In collections since 4/11

$106 (Kenergy) in collections since 8/05

$ 165 (dental) in collections since 12/07 (OC is now Deceased

Civil Judgement: 7/12 River city Finance- $440

This was paid via wage garishments. I have written a letter to both the attorney and the OC to ask for a vacate in judgement so that I can get this removed.

SO, that's it.... I aplogize for the length but I really really need advice.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Re: NEED MAJOR HELP- don't know how to clean up this mess!

I should also mention that my goal in repairing my credit is to eventually be able to purchase a home. So I need to be able to get my score up to a 650 at the very least
Message 2 of 4
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Is there anyone that has any advice?
Message 3 of 4
ddh111377
Valued Member

Pay those cc down to less than 10%. Start pfd letters for the medical collections but only do so if you have the money to pay them. They were mostly medical so you should be able to get some of those off. Don't give up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.