Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP UDERSTANDING BEING A AU

tag
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

NEED SOME HELP UDERSTANDING BEING A AU

Okay, i currently have 2 cc of my own and i am  AU on 5 cards that are being reported all with zero utl. I am trying to rebuilded my credit but i am not sure if the 5 cards that i am a AU are helping my credit score. Does it or doesn't it i have gotten so many mixed messages on this just wanted some people to chime in.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: NEED SOME HELP UDERSTANDING BEING A AU

The way I understand it is .....

As long as there are no lates or high balances reported,being an AU will help your CS.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
kpresod
Regular Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

First of all, I had similar questions in another forum (General Credit) here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Authorized-User-Questions/td-p/1226875

Secondly, being an AU to an account can help or hurt, depending on some variables:

1) The entire history of that account will report to your credit, specifically lates and on-time payments. (Lates older than ~7.5 years should not report though)

2) The age of the account will report to your credit, which may increase or decrease your AAoA

3) The credit limit and balance will report to your credit

Any of those three variables can help or hurt your specific credit profile. Generally, old cards with perfect payment history, high CL, and zero balance can only help.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.