Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEw at starting at 518! YIKES

tag
amber78
Contributor

NEw at starting at 518! YIKES

Hello,

I just joined. Im in the midst of a horrible divorce and just checked my score at its 518! YIKES  I sadly remember the days of happily married at scores of 750.

Fast Forward 12 years with a gottahaveit husband and a neverpayit ex.. and here I am.

Anyways I am in an equal prooperty state.. so after the divorce which HOPEFULLY will happen before summer I plan to go bankrupt, as I see no other option.

I joined the myfico $15 per month thingy. I am not sure how that all works.. I was hoping I could keep track of my score but now it seems I only get to see it 2x or something.

Anyways Im new and just wanted to say hi.  Im really looking forward to learning and growing my score to start over

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Re: NEw at starting at 518! YIKES

Before you jump on the bk option how much debt do you have currently, because you always have options. Even if you declare a bk, it won't solve everything right away. Let us help you exhaust every option before you take the last resort!

On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This site will help a lot!!! I've learned so much and have improved my score in the few months I've been here. Go ahead and start asking questions and don't be embarassed to put it all out. That's the best way to get detailed advice on here. 

Message 3 of 8
amber78
Contributor

I have about 45k in student loan debt (which I know wont go away with bk)

Then there is the *cringe* credit cards.  That is about 45k in debt.  I was a stay at home mom for most of the marriage and my ex was the worker and the spender. CUrrently Im getting unemployment, which is not much..and Ive been looking HARD (applied for over 215 jobs) the past several months... and I have NO clue how the debt will be divided.  I have a credit history of about 16 years.. all was good until this past year. I now have one charge off and havent been able to pay anything since last oct.. although my ex is paying a bit.

I also have two mortgages. One house is under water the other we may break even (if my ex ever agreees to sell) Currently he is taking the money the renters pay him and instead of paying the mortages he is lining his own pockets..

In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 4 of 8
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Okay, student loans are they private or fed funded? Either way you sound like you qualify for hardship repayment options such as having them deferred to another date and time when you can be able to pay them. The renters money sounds like a legal issue, he's putting people in danger not to sure though, if your name is tied to that, speak with a lawyer, some don't take money till they get money for you. Just call local offices around you. As for the credit cards um, dv? Then pfd or settle for bottom dollar. You have options and by the way you can declare your student loans on your bk. =) it is just really difficult to do so but it is possible.
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 8
amber78
Contributor

They are federal through Great Lakes and awhile back I did consolitate them.. which I am KICKING myself now... I do child welfare so I think I could have some of that forgiven, Currently I am claiming hardship so thats one thing I am not worried about. I do have a good divorce lawyer.. but court for the temp hearing is not until next week.  My ex also took the kids on "vacation' in another state where he now lives, and enrolled them in school and hasnt returned them... so IM REALLY HOPING that the court commissioner sticks it to him good... but all I can do is hope now.  I dont want to seem like I am giving up by thinking of BK.. its just that I CANT have any ties to my ex... he is a controlling military freak and I just need to get away.. cut all the ties I can.. and going BK would do a lot of that. Plus he makes at LEAST 4x the amt I do when I am working.. so I feel like saying F*** it.. let him deal with all this debt he created. I have tried setteling before.. only thing is, I am kind of fond of food and shelter and so I have only about twenty bucks to bargin with

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome! You have come to the right place for guidance. Good luck with your rebuild!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything is possible with the knowledge of these forums..

BTW did some research for my mom that was about to go through a divorce... whatever the judge decides regarding who is to payy off the debt wont matter to the creditors... as long as you are listed on the account they will report u to credit bureau and hold u responsible...

good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.