Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AU

tag
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

NFCU AU

I will be opening a NFCU secured card in the next few weeks, but I would like to add my wife as an AU to help her build credit.  Does anybody know whether NFCU reports AUs to the CRAs?  Would it be better that she opens a secured account on her own?

Thank you.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NFCU AU

Not sure if they do or not.

I would have her open one in her own name.  Some lenders/creditors to not count AU accounts.

Message 2 of 6
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@OneDay_750 wrote:

I will be opening a NFCU secured card in the next few weeks, but I would like to add my wife as an AU to help her build credit.  Does anybody know whether NFCU reports AUs to the CRAs?  Would it be better that she opens a secured account on her own?

Thank you.

I opened a NFCU Secured card about 2 years ago.  I added my wife as an AU, the only thing was they needed her to be a member also, so we had to do the whole open her a savings account thing.  From what I have seen recently on both of our CR, that particular card is reporting on both of our reports.

Hope this helped.

Message 3 of 6
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Exactly what I needed to know.  Thank you.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

It will report and it doesn't report as secured either Smiley Happy Like previously said though, and AU account does not really build history as it does report as AU. It would be better to have her open a savings at NFCU, apply for nRewards card and they will counter with secured version if not approved. Good luck!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
MidnightOwl
Regular Contributor

@Jarnog wrote:

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Thank you.

I opened a NFCU Secured card about 2 years ago.  I added my wife as an AU, the only thing was they needed her to be a member also, so we had to do the whole open her a savings account thing.  From what I have seen recently on both of our CR, that particular card is reporting on both of our reports.

Hope this helped.

I don't know why they told you she had to be a member. I just added my son as an authorized user and he is not a member of NFCU.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.