Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval!!

Thank you guys! I am in the process of rebuilding my scores. I started at  EQ 480 EX 495 TU 475 now EQ 568 EX 563 and TU 576. In the last three months I have opened 4 new accounts:

Open Sky Secured - $500.00

Capital One Plat - $300.00

Credit One Plat - $300.00

NFCU goRewards- $1700.00

I would have never known to check with Navy Federal Credit Union if I hadnt come across this board. Looking forward to growing at least two of these!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Approval!!

Congratulations and welcome to nfcu the best credit union in my opinion
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, and welcome to the club! They're an excellent CU. Customer service is by far one of the best in the industry.

Message 3 of 13
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

NFCU totally rocks even if I never know my stupid access number lol. 

Those cards will grow well for you, although I've never heard anyone say anything good about Credit one, so if you have to kill one that would be my choice. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they do! I called today to find out about my limit and apr and it was easy. I want to grow the Cap1 and NFCU cards. I haven't received the Credit One yet. I might cancel when it gets here. I have read a bunch of horror stories about them.
Message 5 of 13
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Congratulations. If you wouldn't mind sharing some details of your CRs I'd appreciate it. My scores are all 600+ and NFCU continues to deny me. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes they do! I called today to find out about my limit and apr and it was easy. I want to grow the Cap1 and NFCU cards. I haven't received the Credit One yet. I might cancel when it gets here. I have read a bunch of horror stories about them.

No horror story if you keep up on your account and payments. They're really just cheesy when it comes to fees, lack of interest grace period and time it takes payments to reflect in your available credit.

I started my rebuild with them and will soon outgrow them. They've served the purpose I needed them to well.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Congratulations. If you wouldn't mind sharing some details of your CRs I'd appreciate it. My scores are all 600+ and NFCU continues to deny me. Smiley Sad

Congrats OP,   welcome to the navy family.   

@chrisla      NFCU takes more of your DTI and UTI into account for approval.  i saw lower scores than me get higher SL and lower APR then i did. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everybody! I was extremely surprised with NFCU approving me. But my UTI and DTI are very low. I never carry a balance anymore. I think of my cards as debit cards now. That's the radical change I have made. I have three baddies two of them being revolving credit. I tried for years to pay them off until I lost my job and they bit me in the butt. I think I will hold onto credit one for 6 months then dump them when I can get a QS card.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score 8s are EQ 566, TU 576 and EX 567. AAoC is 11 Years 2 months. DTI is 9% UTL 8%. Five auto loans with three paid as agreed. Two active Auto loans Chrysler Finance with four 30 days lates last late dec. Ally (I hate them btw) with 12 late 5 60+ and 7 30+ last late Dec. The wife was paying one payment behind and for whatever reason didn't know. Two Student loans at $8800.00 zero lates. Baddies Kays $1330.00 balance charge off, Premier Credit Card $476.00 charge off (wouldnt take my payment back in Febuary), and Pioneer personal loan $4300.00 charge off. Stopped paying them in 2013 but still shows a late payment every month. No collections, judgements, or public records. One paid collection.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.