cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approved and Denied

tag
famofeight

NFCU Approved and Denied

Okay. I worked on my credit and getting my scores up to EQ 660 TU 650 and EX 651. I applied for NFCU and was per approved for their cash rewards card and an auto loan. I took the bait and applied and got a credit limit of $10,000. I have a delta Amex card with only a $1000 limit and they declined my 3x CLI due to score dropping to 636. I decided to apply for the flagship card to perhaps replace my Amex but was denied. This was a couple of weeks ago. As I had been paying all of my credit cards down because of utilization my scores jumped up to 671, 714 and 708. I think my timing was off. I asked them to reconsider but they still said no. Do you think I should apply for the navcheck or should I do nothing?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Approved and Denied

Hello.
I think you should wait couple months. Keep uti low and then apply again.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 2 of 6
2NE1
Established Contributor

@famofeight wrote:
Okay. I worked on my credit and getting my scores up to EQ 660 TU 650 and EX 651. I applied for NFCU and was per approved for their cash rewards card and an auto loan. I took the bait and applied and got a credit limit of $10,000. I have a delta Amex card with only a $1000 limit and they declined my 3x CLI due to score dropping to 636. I decided to apply for the flagship card to perhaps replace my Amex but was denied. This was a couple of weeks ago. As I had been paying all of my credit cards down because of utilization my scores jumped up to 671, 714 and 708. I think my timing was off. I asked them to reconsider but they still said no. Do you think I should apply for the navcheck or should I do nothing?

What you could do since you took the INQ, give them a call again and see if they can split your 10K limit and apply it towards the Flagship card! Smiley Happy I believe this is the method/route that CredditAddict member advices others to do! Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

+1
Message 4 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

NFCU is getting a little weird.  I was recently denied a cli b/c of a payment being late.  Well it was late paid by one day.  YMMV.  Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

Doesn't surprise me. Read earlier they requested tax returns on a cli.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.