Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC APPROVAL!

tag
dizzydee
Established Member

NFCU CC APPROVAL!

I am so excited that I had to share. I have been  rebuilding my credit since my bankruptcy was discharged in 2011, December. I have Cap One Secured $ 350, Cap One Unsecured $750, Walmart $400, Barclays NFL Extra Rewards $500. I wanted a major credit card with NFCU, so when I am ready to finance a car, I can have some sort of credit established with them. I went ahead and applied for the NFCU Cash Rewards card and was approved for $1000. I am so happy...I know its not much. I thought about calling and doing a recon, but thought I didnt want to push my luck since I am only 11 months post bankruptcy! I just hope when it is time to requst a cli, that they show me love!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU CC APPROVAL!

NFCU is a great CU to belong to,  I"m still working on my way in.  Smiley Happy   Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!

They are SO pleasant at NFCU.  I started with their savings just to get footing with them, then their CC.  After a recent hassle with BoA, I pulled out my funds and started only banking with NFCU.  Everytime I call they are so nice, they sent me an invite for LOC, I called on a Sunday to inquire and they got me set up after I emailed two paystubs.  ON A SUNDAY!  Top service at NFCU.  

Bravo on your approval!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to have affiliation with Navy to be accepted correct?
Message 4 of 9
dizzydee
Established Member

Yes

Message 5 of 9
dizzydee
Established Member

If you can get in with them, I hear they approve people with scores in the 550's. They pull EQ for cc and TU for accounts. My stepfather retired from the navy and my husband is a DOD civilian employee. They have quite a few options. Just check their eligibility wizard online.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang ok thanks
Message 7 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Treat them well and they'll do the same.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.