cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Loan Late Removals

tag
Lady_J

NFCU Loan Late Removals

This is what it looks like on MyFico credit report. Would it be possible for me to get any lates removed? The Loan was paid off in 2009. What would be the best way to do this. I have my checking, savins and a secured credit card with them. Any advise will be appreciated! 

Navy Fcu

Status as of Date opened [?] Date of last activity [?] Account number [?] Largest past balance [?] Account Type [?] Account holder [?] Scheduled Payment Amount [?] Industry
Oct, 2009
May, 2005
Oct, 2008
XXXXXXXXXX7001
$3,000
Installment
Individual
$104
Credit Unions
Descriptions [?]
  • Account closed at consumer's request
  • Debt consolidation

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$090 days past due
Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 60 days late 90+ days late
5 times (Mar 2008, Jan 2008, Nov 2007)
1 time (Apr 2008)
3 times (Sep 2008, Jul 2008, Jun 2008)
Recent payment history [?] 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2007 2008 2009
OK30 Days LateOK30 Days LateOK30 Days Late60 Days LateOK120 Days Late120 Days LateOK90 Days LateOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Legend:Current paidCurrently paid as agreed
 30 days late30 days late60 days late60 days late90 days late90 days late
 120 days late120 days late
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Loan Late Removals

Try a GW letter to them. Since you are a current customer you may have some luck. YMMV as always.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 6
Lady_J

Should I try to get the whole account removed or just the lates?
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Could you afford to lose 7-8 yrs worth of history? If AAoA is older than 7-8 hrs and if this isn't your oldest loan reporting, then no harm in asking for a deletion. However if this is older or among your oldest TLs, then you could potentially see a FICO drop if deleted.

The lates will start dropping on their own next year with the last late being removed in 9/2015 at the latest. After they fall off, then this TL will report as a positive for another 3 or so years. This is something to consider for sure. If not applying for anything major before then you might be better of leaving it.

There is a small risk of a GW request removing an entire account as opposed to removing just a few lates. FYI.

Message 4 of 6
Lady_J

Thanks for the info. I didn't think of it that way. I'm just trying to raise my scores. Apply for a couple of credit cards. Nothing major. If it's best to leave some then I will.
Message 5 of 6
Lady_J

To leave alone. Lol. Sorry. On my phone.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.