Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Nightmare

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Nightmare

So sorry to hear this, I'd be calling security non-stop. I know they are closed over the weekend. I had to deal with something similar when opening my account, they had me fax my id 3 x before they just asked me to take a pic with my phone and email it.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 48
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Ficojoe, did everything work out?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 12 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

Ficojoe, did everything work out?

Still waiting. Left voice mail for the "senior investigator" today. Have not heard back.

Message 13 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

It has been over a week, my NFCU accounts are still frozen and my phone calls to the investigator have not been returned. They have not even confirmed recipet of my documents that I sent over a week ago. They froze my accounts on Wednesday, 7am on Thursday I had faxed them the paperwork they needed. 

So frustrating. I hope they do not cause me to be late on any bills that I cannot pay while my checking account is frozen.

Message 14 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

My calls are not being returned from the person who told me they froze the account, I still do not have access to my accounts. I just emailed Cutler Dawson. I wonder if someone will read the email and help me out. I wonder what happens if my credit card goes past due while they have my accounts frozen?

Message 15 of 48
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I can't believe you are still having to deal with this, is there no one else in Security you can talk to?

Message 16 of 48
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

This is very strange.  When they froze all my accounts after I joined I had everything resolved the next day.  I cant believe they wont even return your phone call.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 17 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

I just got a letter in the mail that they bounced my $14 check for my trash bill. I was frustrated before, but that gets me a bit angry that they would bounce a tiny check written before they froze the accounts when they have more than plenty of my money.

Message 18 of 48
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks of this mess. Still no answer to my online message, voice mails, emails, or faxes.

Message 19 of 48
Claymore

I am a NFCU member. Yes, you apply online... but you still have to make your way to a branch for signatures, ID, etc. Perhaps you didn't do this quickly enough? They are a good credit union. Signatures must be on file for all accounts... evn accounts opened online must be verified in person. I hurts right now, but imagine if somebody opened the account saying they were you. You would be really upset that nobody at the CU verified the veracity of your ID. They are actually protecting you.

Starting Score: TU 669, EQ 660
Current Score: TU 669, EQ 660
Goal Score: 725

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.