Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Credit Card

tag
st789
New Contributor

NFCU Secured Credit Card

After doing a lot of research, I've concluded that NFCU and SDFCU secured cards are the best for me. Unfortuately SDFCU won't approve me due to some dirt on my Chexsystems.

My question is does NFCU use Chexsystems and when the card graduates to an unsecured card, do they refund you the 500 dollar deposit? Also, how long did it take some of you guys to graduate with NFCU? Thx!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Credit Card

Being in the same boat your in with chexsytems I can assure you that NFCU does not pull check system. Its rather a hp EQ I believe. Your pretty much guranteed acceptance as long as you meet the eligibilty requirements. Now not sure about the secured card but reading on here it's usually the day you hit 12 months and yes the deposit is refunded when your issued a secured card. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 7
st789
New Contributor

Thanks E2S. Any other experiences from others?
Message 3 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nfcu does not use chex
Message 4 of 7
nathon999

As far as I know they do not since I have something on Chex and they approved me.

I also have the secured card they offer and I can say for sure they do not ever graduate cards(anymore).  From what I have read they used to but the phone reps are very honest that they do not anymore.

One advantage though is that you can increase your credit limit at anytime by just calling them up.  I do about $500 every 6 months and now my credit history shows a $2500 cl for the life of the account.

Any secured card will have some disadvantages butI think that nfcu secured is the best option.

Message 5 of 7
st789
New Contributor

@nathon999 wrote:

As far as I know they do not since I have something on Chex and they approved me.

I also have the secured card they offer and I can say for sure they do not ever graduate cards(anymore).  From what I have read they used to but the phone reps are very honest that they do not anymore.

One advantage though is that you can increase your credit limit at anytime by just calling them up.  I do about $500 every 6 months and now my credit history shows a $2500 cl for the life of the account.

Any secured card will have some disadvantages butI think that nfcu secured is the best option.

Wow they don't graduate anymore? I might need to take a step back then. I definitely need one that graduates. 

Message 6 of 7
baller4life
Super Contributor

BOA is the best hands down and does graduate!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.