Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Share Secured Loans

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

NFCU Share Secured Loans

I'm probably the last to find out this information, but I spoke with a rep at NFCU that told me about their secured loan process. Their shared secure loans require no credit check and can be open for as little as $250. You can have the loan direct deposited into your account immediately, and then the amount you used to secure the loan is released back into your account as you make payments. I started one with a $20/month payment and 12 month term and the total interest on the loan was $10....pretty inexpensive for a good TL. 

She also let me know that they report to the CRB within 30 days of your first payment!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Smarty0103
Established Member

Re: NFCU Share Secured Loans

I wonder how the secured loan affects your credit? I have a secured cc with them.
Message 2 of 4
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'll keep you updated, but from what the credit analyst tells me , it adds to your mix of credit and for someone in my case - with a very low score - it adds a positive tradeline.

Message 3 of 4
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I'll keep you updated, but from what the credit analyst tells me , it adds to your mix of credit and for someone in my case - with a very low score - it adds a positive tradeline.

You have not kept us updated, what gives?  Also, what is the max term NFCU does for a share secured loan at 500.  HP or SP for membership?  Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.