Did you mean: 

NFCU membership

tag
antdave93
Regular Contributor

NFCU membership

Just join nfcu yesterday and was told it would only be a soft pull

So just now i received a Transunion alert saying i have a new hard inquiry

Was i lied to are this is the standard for membership?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU membership

I believe it's a soft pull for just a checking or savings account. If you got a CC or loan for overdraft, then you get a hard pull...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 8
antdave93
Regular Contributor

I knew i was not hearing things when i first signed up

I just got off the phone and was told it is always a hard inquiry 

Anything i can do about this or who to call?

I did just my Equifax report and it was only a soft pull there. I really piss off that i had to waste a hard inquiry for a saving account and not a credit card or something.

Message 3 of 8
soccer5
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry that you feel misled about the hard pull situation, they should have given you a clear answer.  But I will say this,  there is a LARGE wealth of information about NFCU in these forums,  and it's well known that NFCU are more than hard pull happy.  They pull for everything,  and wont reuse a recent pull. As a matter of fact, I'll probably get hit with a hard pull just for mentioning it lol. If you ever have any questions,  please don't hesitate to ask here in these forums,  there are lots of friendly and very helpful people here.  And as far as NFCU goes, they reallt are a great Credit Union, you didn't make a mistake by joining them. Thanks to the great people in these forums,  I joined NFCU and they have literally helped me rebuild my credit.  They believed in me when no one else would. Enjoy, give NFCU a chance and I highly doubt you'll regret it.

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 4 of 8
antdave93
Regular Contributor

I feel better now

Just spoke to a credit service manager and he was able to used same credit report for my credit card application.

And was approved for 12,500 for the rewards card!

Yeesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 8
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@antdave93 wrote:

I feel better now

Just spoke to a credit service manager and he was able to used same credit report for my credit card application.

Yeesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and all is right in the world again!  In all seriousness, congrats!  To be honest, I'd let them HP me 3x if it took that to get in with them.  They treat you that good!

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 6 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@antdave93 wrote:

I feel better now

Yeesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 8
elsenyor
Valued Member

+1 It's definetly a hard pull, since they check your credit to see what you qualify for.

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.