Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU update 2017

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

NFCU update 2017

Just to update anyone trying to get in with NFCU. I read on a previous post that you can apply for membership if you join and select the San Diego Chapter. I just tried to apply and received a response saying that the Sandiego chapter is no longer affiliated with them. My application was denied. I was advised that I can obtain membership only through the following options listed below:

You may be eligible for membership if you are in any one of the following groups:
All Department of Defense (DoD) uniformed personnel - Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force, retirees and annuitants
All Department of Defense Reservists - Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force retirees and annuitants
All Army and Air National Guard Personnel - civilian employees, retirees and annuitants
All DoD Officer Candidate programs: Midshipmen and cadets at the United States Naval Academy, United States Military Academy, United States Air Force Academy, United States Coast Guard Academy and the United States Merchant Marine Academy; Other Officer Programs
U.S. Government employees assigned to DoD installations (including Coast Guard)
All DoD civilian employees - including retirees and annuitants
DoD contractors assigned to U.S. Government installations
Veterans - including personnel separated from, and who previously served in, the United States Armed Forces or United States Coast Guard and were honorably discharged
Family Members, including grandparents, parents, spouses, siblings, grandchildren, children (including adopted and stepchildren) and household members
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU update 2017

This was addressed a few months ago.  Sorry that it is no longer an option. Smiley Sad

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-Navy-Fed-no-longer-allowing-new-membership-thr...

Message 2 of 7
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Aww man I wish I say this post earlier. I read through quite a few threads .... rats!!!! I have to find another way in 🤔
Message 3 of 7
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Anyone at all in your family a veteran? Even going back to grandparents? That is one surefire way to get in. You just have to actually call them up and talk to a membership representative to get it done. Good luck! 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 4 of 7
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I have one cousin who was in the army but from reading the threads they are specific about it being an immediate family member.
Message 5 of 7
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a household member to me. Call and see is what I would do. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 6 of 7
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Yes I am!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.