Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

Unfortunately I had a bad three months and majority of my hard work went down the hill and now I'm back at square one basically. The only open line I have is OpenSky for 300. I had capital one but I had a returned payment *my fault and they closed both of my accounts

Does NavyFed pull credit or run chexsystems? I opened an account with a local credit union in town but they weren't much help, she literally opened my account and said read over the paperwork when you have time -_-.

The main reason i went with a CU was so that I could apply for a rebuilder loan and secured card, their customer service is piss poor, im still in a rut. I plan on calling tomorrow to see if I can qualify for their secured card. 

From the looks of things navy fed is the way to go.

Here's what my damage looks like.

6 collections accounts

$1300-adstra I know they do pfd- plan to pay that in feb

$1200-medical bill: they said its to old for charity care, I started looking into hippa process

$256- midwest recovery for old us bank account * i plan on paying this over the weekend but i didn't receive anything in the mail or phone calls prior to this popping up on my credit. o_0

$431 Harris and Harris- Plan on disputing because I moved out of state a cpl years ago in Dec and they said the bill is for dec and Jan

$649 Enhance Recovery- It's a time warner bill from 2008, I was in college and lived at home with parent so I'll be disputing that

$602 Ambulance bill- Is this eligible to go thru hippa?

Derog.

Capital one 30 day late on car and cc's the cards are now closed marked as closed by credit grantor

Thinking about GW both

Positive

Student loans

Open Sky CC

Auto loan

average age of credit is 1 year Smiley Sad newest account is 8 months

That's it my credit score's are in the low 5's Smiley Sad

Should I try to get in with NFCU or just pay off everything then try for new credit?

Thanks so much for all the help.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU

you're probably going to have a hard time getting new credit until you take care of those items.

You can open an NFCU checking/savings in the mean time to start building a relationship with them, especially if you need a bank account.

They might give you the secured card, but you'll probably need to take care of your baddies.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 2 of 6
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

NFCU does pull your credit for membership. I don't know Chexsystems
Message 3 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They do not pull Chex

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 6
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

@rmduhon wrote:
NFCU does pull your credit for membership. I don't know Chexsystems

From my understanding it's more to verify your identity, and not to approve/deny membership...

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 5 of 6
nmjacobs
Contributor

I joined NFCU in November. They pulled EQ to join and EQ again for my credit card.

The collection from 2008 is SOL. Should be easy to get off.

How old are the others?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.