Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU!!

Thanks to this site I learned quite a bit about Navy Federal Credit Union! My husband is in the military and I've been working on rebuilding my credit. So I figured I'd give it a shot. I signed up for an NFCU account on Saturday and applied for the rewards Visa on Saturday evening.

I only have one CC, a secured capital one card, that I have had since March 2012 with a CL of $200. I had recently applied elsewhere for an unsecured card, but I had zero luck.

I received my answer from NFCU this morning and I was APPROVED with a $4,000!! It felt SO good to see that. I have never had an unsecured CC!! I re-read the message several times to make sure that I was reading it correctly!!

This is a HUGE step in my re-building process!! So a BIG thank you to everyone on this site for all of the great advice!!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU!!

Big congrats !!!  Smiley Happy   NFCU really is the best !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to this site I learned quite a bit about Navy Federal Credit Union! My husband is in the military and I've been working on rebuilding my credit. So I figured I'd give it a shot. I signed up for an NFCU account on Saturday and applied for the rewards Visa on Saturday evening.

I only have one CC, a secured capital one card, that I have had since March 2012 with a CL of $200. I had recently applied elsewhere for an unsecured card, but I had zero luck.

I received my answer from NFCU this morning and I was APPROVED with a $4,000!! It felt SO good to see that. I have never had an unsecured CC!! I re-read the message several times to make sure that I was reading it correctly!!

This is a HUGE step in my re-building process!! So a BIG thank you to everyone on this site for all of the great advice!!!

That's great!!  My son is in the Navy and I opened an account with NFCU in June.  I am planning on applying for the NFCU credit card next month.  I currently only have one active credit card, also a Capital One secured with a credit limit of $601.  I hope I have as good of luck as you did!

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 3 of 10
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Congrats!! What are your baddies?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 5 total collection accounts. All paid and hopefully awaiting GW success!
Message 5 of 10
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

How old are they?

NFCU is great for rebuildingSmiley Happy

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 are from 2007 and 3 from 2008. I also have one late showing up on a student loan acct from 3 years ago. Things are finally starting to look up and I'm thrilled! Smiley Happy

Now if only I can get some good news from the GW's I sent out...
Message 7 of 10
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I would also search the names of your creditors because sometimes you'll find a sucess thread with an email addy that worked Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
2NE1
Established Contributor

Congrats! I'm still amazed that they approved me for their cash rewards and gave me a $6K CL after only rebuilding for seven months! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good idea. Thank you!

I did find an email on here for Sallie Mae's customer advocates. I emailed them on Saturday and they called me today to inform me that they are looking into removing the late payment. (I'm not sure how long it'll affect me, but I'd love it removed) Especially since I thought my account was still in deferment at the time of the late payment.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.