Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU

I think NFCU just hates me, lol...they wouldn't even approve me for a $500 NavCheck, even after I completed a secure loan with them, which by the way, I was told would not report as secured and it did...blah. I'm hoping they're willing to approve me for a secured CC. I'm hoping to get at least decent enough to get an Auto Loan through them.

Message 31 of 52
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Keep trying Chrisla2077 pretty soon you'll get there!!
What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 32 of 52
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement. I need a new car fast! I'm thinking of taking my small tax return plus a little to a buy here pay here that won't check my credit, but i'd prefer a major dealer for a better quality vehicle. Just wondring if I should pay things off and wait.

Message 33 of 52
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

NFCU is so awesome.

I sooo wish I had joined when I was active duty.  I feel so stupid for not doing it.  

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 34 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. I need a new car fast! I'm thinking of taking my small tax return plus a little to a buy here pay here that won't check my credit, but i'd prefer a major dealer for a better quality vehicle. Just wondring if I should pay things off and wait.

What are current scores?

Message 35 of 52
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I only have FAKOs thus far. I'm going to be getting my current ficos within the next few weeks. It's crazy because I'm deciding whether or not to use the money toward paying off debt..or getting my most recent FICOS. I think I'll make the sacrifice. Anyhow, all scores if i'm correct should be in the 530-550 range.

Message 36 of 52
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

I only have FAKOs thus far. I'm going to be getting my current ficos within the next few weeks. It's crazy because I'm deciding whether or not to use the money toward paying off debt..or getting my most recent FICOS. I think I'll make the sacrifice. Anyhow, all scores if i'm correct should be in the 530-550 range.

no offense but no point in paying for Fico's when your scores are that low... anything below a 600 is not going to help in directing where to go apply for unsecured because you probably just shouldn't.

What is on your reports... lets clean them up! I can help (along with many others Smiley Tongue)

private message me if you want too.... I have been in the low 500's and sometimes the lower you are the faster you can rise if you do the right steps... or are able to do the right steps... sometimes cash is king! dependings what the baddies are.

Message 37 of 52
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I definitely PMed you. I'd appreciate all help. I need an auto loan.

Message 38 of 52
dmmartinez
Established Member

Hey Guys! Do you think a 616 Equifax 635 Experian could get me a NFCU Card?

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 39 of 52
baller4life
Super Contributor

I got one with 598 Equifax!!

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.