Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO CC means you cant get a Credit Card :(

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: NO CC means you cant get a Credit Card :(

Thanks for advice. The general opinion seems to be that 2 sec cc are best for me. Some even said to get three. I have a very stable job with large law firm and six figure salary but no revolving credit at all. Thus, people recommended the multiple cards to jump start process. My CL on them is $500 on Cap1 and $300 on WF. I will raise Cap1 limit to 1k before the first statement posts in Mid July.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NO CC means you cant get a Credit Card :(

Its good to have multiple revolving credit lines for a FICO score, but it doesn't have to be all secured cards which will probably get little use after you start getting approved for better cards.  It doesn't take very long (maybe 6 months) if you have no more derogatorry marks on any accounts and a continuing positive history with those banks that gave you secured cards for them to approve you for a better card.  

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.