cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO CREDIT records, high score? Plus other questions...

tag
takethat
Valued Member

NO CREDIT records, high score? Plus other questions...

I have been trying to repair my credit for a little while now (thanks to MyFico) and have started to now help my husband with his.

He has not had a credit card, loan, or anything since I have known him in 6 years. He told me that he had some cc accounts he defaulted on before we met. I helped him get his credit report from all 3 agencies through annualcreditreport.com. We were unable to get the info online so had to go through the process via snail mail.

EQ came back with only 3 cc accounts that he is an AU on.

TU sent a letter stating "Unable to locate credit"

EX stated "Using the name and identification information you provided, we verified that our database does not contain credit information about you, and we are unable to process a credit report for you"

I signed him up with MyFico and his score was EQ Fico 805!! I thought "great!" so we applied for a Capital One cc to start building some more history on his CR and he was denied! The letter from Cap1 says "too many delinquent past or present Capital One credit obligation(s)". They also stated they did NOT make a hard pull on his CR.

We were bummed over that and decided the score must have been a mistake and so we are trying to get an Orchard secured card instead to start building.

Why would score be an overwhelming 805 if he has no credit history????

Then, recently we received a phonecall from a CA stating he owed them some money for an old Cap One acct. We figured the recent credit application stirred this up. Until then, we had not received any collections calls for my husband. We requested they send a letter in writing. They were hesitant but did send one. There was no proof of ownership of debt included.

This account is about 9 years old. I am going to send a DV letter out tomorrow.

Any advice on any of this is greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: EQ 618
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 674, EX 633
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: NO CREDIT records, high score? Plus other questions...

A credit score is generated by what's on a CR.

You state "his score was EQ Fico 805"  also state"EQ came back with only 3 cc accounts that he is an AU on."

That's why the high CS, he's a AU on 3 CC, but that's actually someone else's credit so creditors maybe hesitate about lending credit.

So getting a Orchard secured CC is a great idea, just remember to keep the reporting balances low or paying off the balance.

I believe Orchard reports to all 3 CRA's, so in 6mos he should have generated CS's with TU and EX.

Yes I agree with you, the recent app for credit awoke the sleeping giant.This debt is over 9yrs old, that's why it wasn't on his CR.

It's probably passed your states SOL too. But be careful and check your state laws, because a few states have laws about resetting the SOL.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
takethat
Valued Member

Thank you so much. We are in CA. Do you know if this will reset the SOL in CA? Or where do I find this info?

Starting Score: EQ 618
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 674, EX 633
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Google ...Calf state laws consumer debt or collection agencies.

Also there is a sticky above State Resouces, 4th one from the top.Should find some info there also.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.