Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO FICO SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO FICO SCORE

Hello My fuco forums 1st of all all want to thank YOU ALL for feedback and previous post it has all help me improve my fico. I started with  494 ex 510 EQ and

515 TU. I had 7 collections well i had succes with DV letters and 3 pfd medical collections. I know Have my fico at 635 EX 660 EQ and 607 EX. i rcently applied for a mortgage and they said i only have 1 fico being EQ. does anyone know what might of happend why TU and EX dont show score but exp.com and TU show those scores.

I also have a collection from Midland Funding i sent 2 DV letters and the last one a cease and desist letter and they CRA verified well TU verified. EQ its been under investigation for the last 2 months its show on eq.com and experian shows "UNKNOWN" whats next with midland?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NO FICO SCORE

Unfortunately the scores sold via transunion.com and experian.com aren't FICO scores and lenders don't use them. We call these scores 'FAKOs'. There are minimum scoring requirements for FICO. Among them are that you have to have at least one undisputed, open, and actively reporting account at least 6 months old from the reported open date. You also can't be dead (no joke). If you are an AU or joint account holder on a deceased relative, then that can impact your existance of a FICO score.

Who did you send the DV letters to? Sounds like they were sent to the CRA? DVs go to CAs, vs. the CRA. Send a DV to the CA if you haven't done so. If they verified adn you agree with the debt, then send a PFD.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sent them to midland funding. and they never replied. I called OC and they have no info on  account or midland funding they said to send cease and desist, so thats what i did and they still reported.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i sent them to midland funding. and they never replied. I called OC and they have no info on  account or midland funding they said to send cease and desist, so thats what i did and they still reported.

They can still report even after you send Midland the DV letter. A C&D only limits communication between you and the CA; it really doesn't do anything.

I'd wait at least 30 days after you mailed the first DV, if not passed already, then send another. By law, your DV is only valid if you sent it within 30 days of the dunning letter. And by law a CA has an unlimited amount of time to respond. However, most do respond within a month and sometimes if you poke and prod them they'll send something back showing the balance owed. Also, keep trying with the OC. It might take many CSRs telling you "we don't show you in our records" before you find the CSR that gives you what you want.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.