Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO TUC SCORE--WHAT DO I DO FIRST?

tag
Hootrvil
Established Member

NO TUC SCORE--WHAT DO I DO FIRST?

I've been reading the boards for days trying to figure out exactly where to start in re-building my credit (my life!)

I'm getting more confused!

I started by seeing a credit counselor who pulled my report and helped me to see what it says.  She didn't really give

any steps to take other than to take a course--which I've done......this is supposed to raise my score by 10 pts per CB.

I have student loans that are in rehab, some medical bills dating back to 2007--total on these is $1200, 1 charge off that I'm considering disputing from Devry--don't recognize this at all.

I also have 1 credit card that was closed in 2004 that was current when closed.

This leaves me with a EXP number of 605, XPN number of 563 and no number for TUC.

What would you do first?  Get a secured card? PFD on medicals?

As I said--my student loans are in rehab and the bads are supposed to be taken off after completion of my rehab period.

I have no credit card, no car payment. 

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Hootrvil

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: NO TUC SCORE--WHAT DO I DO FIRST?

Where did you get your scores?

You definitely need some sort of CC.  A secured card will work just as well as a non-secured.

Instead of disputing with CRAs, send DeVry a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  They have to investigate and make corrections and/or deletions/updates and let you know within 30 days of the outcome.

The closed CC is helping your AAoA so leave that one alone.

Yes, I would try for a PFD on the medical collections. 

Message 2 of 7
Hootrvil
Established Member

Thank you!

I went to a National Credit Counseling office and they pulled by report. 

I'm planning on getting a Capital One secured card and then PFD on the medicals--in that order.  Is that the best way to go?

And would a small car loan help with the "establishing good credit" that I need to do?

hootrvil

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I am not sure if those are real FICO scores.

Yes, both a CC and an auto loan would help.  You need a mix of credit and that would help.

Message 4 of 7
jackg
Established Contributor

I suggest you become an AU on a CC that belongs to someone that would trust your behavior with it.

FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 5 of 7
Hootrvil
Established Member

I have a good friend that would probably do that for me.  Do I have to actually use the card for it to count or do I just have to have my name on there as an AU?

Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No you don't have to use it.  They just add your name to it as an AU.

First, make sure that card reports an AU account.  Some don't.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.