Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO inquiry for credit card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO inquiry for credit card approval

So I've mentioned this before, but on thanksgiving day I applied for a walmart card (the mastercard that you can use anywhere) and was approved for a limit of 1800 which is my highest non AU limit so far. (yay!) But, I have no inquiry to be found anywhere for it. I don't have any other synchrony cards, so no chance that they used a previous pull or anything. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Did I just get good luck with a glitch in the system or do they code approvals as soft inquiries? Anyone?

P.S. I realize that there could just be a delay or something (especially if they checked transunion, they're behind on everything all the time, can't state that enough)... But, I'd say making it about 2 weeks with no alert from any of the 4 sites i mess around with... I've even gotten updated reports over all 3Bs in the past 2 days and nothin!

Love you guys,

Sham

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: NO inquiry for credit card approval

What credit report are you viewing?

Most commercial credit reports, even though you are the pulling party, will omit soft pulls, as that would require adminiistering two levels of authoriization, with one requiring that they show they are a rep of the named consumer, and thus the pull is authorized by the consumer.

Soft pulls can, by definition, only be included in reports pulled by the named consumer.

Pull your free report at annualcreditreport.com, which is limited only to consumer pulls of their own reports.

You may see a soft pull on there.........

Message 2 of 3
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: NO inquiry for credit card approval

It will show up eventually, mine was just as slow (I also got MC with $1800 limit). Treat the card right and they're generous with CLI. I used mine only a few times and PIF and recently got an increase to 4K. I've had it around 6ish months.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.