Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT MY ID?...Never applied for this card! "GEMB Dilla"

tag
poet
Regular Contributor

NOT MY ID?...Never applied for this card! "GEMB Dilla"

Oh, God! I just pulled my reports and found an inquiry from GEMB/Dilla dated *yesterday*, which I can only assume is an application for a Dillard's store card. Not only have I never applied for such a card, but also I don't shop at Dillard's! I'm terrified that someone has snagged my ID. I'm disputing this in writing, but think I should also call the CRA immediately. Anyone recognize this "GEMB Dilla" notation?
Message Edited by poet on 01-10-2010 12:59 PM
Message Edited by poet on 01-10-2010 01:00 PM

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NOT MY ID?...Never applied for this card! "GEMB Dilla"

I would immediately call the number for the GEMB/Dillards department and inquire to this. When they answer ask to speak to their fraud department and when they transfer you explain the situation. This should do a few things:

1. Allow you to see if there is an open account now in your name or see if it was declined

2. Tell you which store the application was filled out at

3. If the account is open get it shutdown and hopefully before any charges are made.

4. Once you know which store the account was applied for at call your local police and fill out a police report for ID theft to cover your butt for now on out in case this turns out to be large scale which hopefully it isnt.

The number to call for Dillards card services is 1-800-643-8278.

Good Luck and keep us posted

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a hard or soft inquiry?

If a soft, is it marked promotional(PRM) or something like that?

Message 3 of 4
poet
Regular Contributor

Okay, get THIS... someone at GEMB apparently made a mistake. We determined this AFTER I put the security freeze on all three credit reports. I talked with the fraud department at GEMB and no Dillard's account came up under my name, social, etc. He thought it was probably a bad entry on the part of one of the operators I tried to resolve a late-payment issue with.

That said... I have paid the account in full today and look forward to them twisting in the wind. They absolutely refused to 1) acknowledge that there was an extra few days added to the usual turnaround time just before New Years, that 2) I had emailed them on THEIR site to apprise them of this, or 3) to refrain from/remove the 30-day late that now graces my credit file based on a payment they received the following day. I had sent them a partial payment and asked them to accept it. I gave them a heads-up. They accepted it and acted as if all were well, then stuck it to me. I am also paying off the other GEMB store-branded cards and sock-drawering them. I might keep $1-5% balance just to keep these lines active, but I am ON STRIKE.

Please advise any better solutions to this if you know of any. I have called and called, and they say "We can't change accurate information we reported to the credit bureaus." Accurate, that is, if they ignore my well-documented GF efforts in advance.

GRRRR....

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.