Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT Rejected for Capital One Secured CC

tag
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

NOT Rejected for Capital One Secured CC

I was pretty sure I'd been rejected by Capital One when I applied for a secured CC on 2/28 because I got the "we will notify you by mail in 7-10 days" message. However, I just got their letter, and they're asking for proof of income. I faxed them my 2 most recent pay stubs, so hopefully that is enough for me to be approved. (My income is good; I've just been stupid and irresponsible with it for the last several years.)

I know I haven't yet been approved, but it feels good not to be rejected.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NOT Rejected for Capital One Secured CC

@itgirl74 wrote:

I was pretty sure I'd been rejected by Capital One when I applied for a secured CC on 2/28 because I got the "we will notify you by mail in 7-10 days" message. However, I just got their letter, and they're asking for proof of income. I faxed them my 2 most recent pay stubs, so hopefully that is enough for me to be approved. (My income is good; I've just been stupid and irresponsible with it for the last several years.)

I know I haven't yet been approved, but it feels good not to be rejected.

POI for a secured card.... amazing.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 6
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

I did the same a few weeks back.   Be careful, I had a problem when I made my deposit.   I deposited money into my C1 Secured acct and was called a few days later by the fraud department.   The first was to verify the real deposit, the second to verify a fake one.   In short, they had to issue me a new card because of it.   God knows when they'll report at this point.   Keep your eyes on the account and the transactions.   You will be required to verify your payment with your bank once your secured payment is made.

Once all is straightened out, it sits quietly in my wallet.

Good luck!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, mine took about two bills to show and then was backdated as open/paid.

Also let me know if yours reports on all 3 the EQ and TU arent reporting as accurate/up to date as EX is.

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 4 of 6
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

POI for a secured card.... amazing.  Good luck.

Yes, it's ridiculous. I guess it's the price you pay when you screw up your credit.

@MortgageMinded wrote:

Be careful, I had a problem when I made my deposit. I deposited money into my C1 Secured acct and was called a few days later by the fraud department. The first was to verify the real deposit, the second to verify a fake one. In short, they had to issue me a new card because of it. God knows when they'll report at this point. Keep your eyes on the account and the transactions. You will be required to verify your payment with your bank once your secured payment is made.

I was hoping to make the deposit from my Capital One 360 account. I wonder if that would expedite things (with the added benefit of not giving Capital One any more personal information than they already have)?

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 6
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

I was hoping to make the deposit from my Capital One 360 account. I wonder if that would expedite things (with the added benefit of not giving Capital One any more personal information than they already have)?

I don't have a C1 bank account, but I do know when I signed up and was approved, I received a link in an e-mail to pay online (using a checking/savings account).   They will send you the details in an e-mail when to fund it.   It took 3 weeks for the approval.   It was pretty fast between when I paid them and when they shipped out the card, it was less than a week for me but YMMV.  It wasn't until after I funded the account did the fun begin.   You should receive a call from them with your bank on the line to verify the deposit.   I believe the fraud department does this to make sure you applied for this account online.

Good Luck  

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.