Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT trying to get out of my DEBT!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT trying to get out of my DEBT!

I did it, I own it, I am paying for it, I WILL fix it !

Not making many friends on here when I suggest people pay old bills and debt.    OMG   Heaven forbid someone actually owns up to something, pays something and moves forward.,

There is a fountain of excellent information on this forum to build your score and take care of past issues etc.   So many smart people who have been there done that and offer excellent advice.   I love this place......  

However....

I don't believe in writing letters for ANYTHING other than bills you don't owe or something that was handled legally like identity theft or embezzlement.

And when I say "don't owe" I mean you have never heard of it....  not that your ex rang things up or you don't feel it's right or fair......  don't owe means it's someone elses bill.....

You are in control of your debt, your decisions to give others permission to your money and cards and  to put household bills in your name.....  YOU...... Plain and Simple.  

You don't get to write a few letters or make a few phone calls and VOILA----all the bad choices you have made just magically disappear.   It makes me sad that this is working for some on here.   That sense of entitlement is what is wrong with this country today.  

If you get everything off your credit report and then get granted awesome cards and new loans based on a perfect score than what have you really learned ?   Will you ring those cards up again ?  MOST likely 

I have lates, I have a CO, and I have had collections....NOT asking for any of them to be deleted without paying them.  

Why ?

Because I should have a history, and I should have to prove I can do better now.    

Sorry if this makes doesn't make me any friends.......  actually no I am not.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.