Established Contributor
aquatic1

NY 5 year FCRA

I have a paid collection on my EX credit report that hit the five year mark yesterday (based on my statement). I had paid the bill two months ago but the CA only changed the tradeline to paid, collection even though I paid the OC directly. I had planned to dispute the account but I am sure EX will not let me dispute it again online.

This is a paid medical bill and I was wondering if I should start the HIPAA process or just see if EX will delete the account based on the NYS 5 year reporting max for paid collections?

Also, I had previously has a paid collection account on EX last year and at the 5 year mark, they actually changed it a positive account. I contacted them and had them remove the collection accout all together. I wonder if they will do this to this collection account.....

Starting Score: TU:537
Current Score: TU:683 (3/11/10)
Goal Score: TU:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
aot2002

Re: NY 5 year FCRA

Did you dispute it?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}