cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY state SOL question

tag
Jumpin-in

NY state SOL question

DW received a summons for a store card from years ago now charged off. We pulled credit report and DOFD was 30 days July 2007. We live in NY.My understanding is SOL is 6 years. How is this calculated ? Is it from DOFD ? We are preparing an answer and will be citing SOL but I wanted to be clear.Thanks for any help.

My credit is like a car accident- It took a lot less time to wreck than it will to fix.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: NY state SOL question

@Jumpin-in wrote:

DW received a summons for a store card from years ago now charged off. We pulled credit report and DOFD was 30 days July 2007. We live in NY.My understanding is SOL is 6 years. How is this calculated ? Is it from DOFD ? We are preparing an answer and will be citing SOL but I wanted to be clear.Thanks for any help.

Yes, SOL is calculated from the date of first delinquency, so you should be able to use the SOL as your defense.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 3
Jumpin-in

Re: NY state SOL question

Thank you so very much .

My credit is like a car accident- It took a lot less time to wreck than it will to fix.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.