Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationStar Mortgage suddenly added NEGATIVE COMMENTS

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

NationStar Mortgage suddenly added NEGATIVE COMMENTS

In pulling up a new 3-in-1 report this morning, I noticed the following comments added on two of the three bureas under my mortgage tradeline:

• ACCOUNT PAID AFTER FORECLOSURE STARTED
    REAL ESTATE MORTGAGE
  • Foreclosure discontinued

These were NEVER on there before, and it appears as if NationStar now added them since I refinanced my mortgage to another lender (Flagstar).

As info, the comments are TRUE -- I did have a foreclosure action that we staved off, first thru aggressive legal action (lender voluntarily dismissed no less than THREE TIMES, as they had a shoddy case), and then finally thru a temporary and then a permanent loan modification.  However, that was with Countrywide/Bank of America Home Loans -- not NationStar.  BofA sold my servicing rights to NationStar in mid-2013, and I had a perfect on-time payment record with NationStar.

Should I just be grateful that those comments NEVER APPEARED as I was refinancing my mortgage this Spring (which we successfully did!), or is there something I can do to try to get these removed?  I would contend that while they would be accurate comments on my Bank of America tradline, they are NOT accurate on my NationStar tradeline because there was never any foreclosure action while they had my loan.

Thoughts?  There are no other negative fields on these TLs -- just those comments.

thanks,

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: NationStar Mortgage suddenly added NEGATIVE COMMENTS

Also, the NationStar tradelines are also reporting the same "Date Opened" of January 2006 that the Bank of America TLs show.  BofA had the loan from 1/2006 to mid-2013, when they sold the servicing rights to NationStar.  So there's not just a "Comments" issue with the NationStar TLs, there's also a FACTUAL issue as to when my account with them was opened.

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I do believe there is a problem hee.  I know that if an entire portfolio is bought out, such as Cap1 buying Orchard, Cap1 inherits the entire TL going all the way back. Since your mortgage was just sold, then this is a different issue.  I would send a direct dispute with the identifying the reasons as they were not the servicers of the loan during that time and BOA is already reporting that time period on your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I do believe there is a problem hee.  I know that if an entire portfolio is bought out, such as Cap1 buying Orchard, Cap1 inherits the entire TL going all the way back. Since your mortgage was just sold, then this is a different issue.  I would send a direct dispute with the identifying the reasons as they were not the servicers of the loan during that time and BOA is already reporting that time period on your CR.

Thanks for the reply, Shogun.  After helping me get my TCM Bank TL deleted completely yesterday (after no less than FIVE unsuccessful tries with them!) you are my HERO!  Smiley Happy

Just to be clear, as you saying I should DD both the Comments and the "Open" date, or just the open date?

I do believe that NationStar bought out a huge swath of servicing rights from BofA, not just mine.  So not really a wholesale takover of them all, nor just an individual file.

thanks,

Pigeye

Message 4 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Could get a little dicey here.  I would try the dispute with them first, because you can't have 2 OCs listing the same account during the same time period.  Worst case scenario, BOA deletes theirs.  Best case scenario, NationStar deletes their information from before they took over.

It's a crapshoot, but worth the try.

July 2013 score:

Message 5 of 10
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Could get a little dicey here.  I would try the dispute with them first, because you can't have 2 OCs listing the same account during the same time period.  Worst case scenario, BOA deletes theirs.  Best case scenario, NationStar deletes their information from before they took over.

It's a crapshoot, but worth the try.

Just looked it up -- there were 1.3 million BofA loans that NationStar bought.

Getting BofA to delete would probably help my SCORE more, as although they have no negative Comments listed, they do have all the major derogs from as recently as late-2011 (90s and 120s).

Getting NationStar to delete would probably help the LOOK of my reports to an underwriter maybe, to not have those FC comments on there?  But I do have about a six-month "paid as agreed" track record with them from Summer 2013 to early 2014.

A DD is with an OC, or with the credit burueas?  Is there a link to where I can find info on how to do one?

thanks so much, Shogun.

Pigeye

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Take a look at this link.

July 2013 score:

Message 7 of 10
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Shogun!  I'll use that as a template, and send a DD to NationStar mortgage.

As of now, Flagstar (who now has my mortgage) isn't yet showing up on either my or my wife's reports.  I suspect that'll begin tracking within 30 days.  I'll probably wait for that to be added before doing the DD, as I do want to make sure we each have mortgage credit type on the mix on all of our reports.

We have come so far, with all of your guys' help here.  Both of our scores were in the very low-500s as recently as just a few years ago.  As of today, our FAKO scores are 718 (me, Experian) and 762 - 670 - 719 (my wife, all 3). 

thanks,

Pigeye

Message 8 of 10
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

***UPDATE***

As suggested, I did a direct dispute with NationStar on this, and in Saturday's mail I got a letter from them stating that they were removing the negative comments from all 4 (big 3 + Innovis) credit bureaus!  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!  There is NOTHING more satisfying than fighting for one of these things, and WINNING.

Pigeye

Message 9 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Nice to see that your persistance paid off with good outcome. Congratulations.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.