Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Adjusters (NCA)

tag
quairosun
New Contributor

National Credit Adjusters (NCA)

Im hoping this will help someone and also help me take whatever the second step should be.
I have had a collection ($210) from them for about a year.. I sent a PFD 30 days ago and received no response. I decided to go to their website tonight. I copied the PFD letter I sent them originally through a contact form on their website. Within minutes a corporate resolutuons/settlement advisor emailed me and said it had been sold to Foward Properties Internationa months agol. I emailed them back saying that my tradeline still showed them as the collection agency. So what is my next atep?

Starting Scores: TU 542 EQ 452 EX 560
Current Scores: TU 632 EQ 619 EX 643
Goal Score: All At 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
quairosun
New Contributor

Re: National Credit Adjusters (NCA)

Anyone?

Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

How long ago did you e-mail them back? If within the last couple of days, I would wait. If beyond that, have you sent a DV at all? While it's highly likely it's older than the 30 days listed in the FDCPA, sometimes a DV will get the ball rolling.

Message 3 of 5
quairosun
New Contributor

The email was sent yesterday as I said in the original post. They got right back to me and said it was sold to another collections agency many months ago. Well the new agency is or jas not teported but NCA is still reporting it. So that is why I was asking for help with my next step and maybe this will help others..

Message 4 of 5
TheBDub
Established Member

You're pretty lucky to even hear back from them.

I tried snail mail, email and calling. I got nothing for an entire year before they transferred the debt to the law offices of Daniel N. Gordon, which are a bunch of crooks that threatened me with a judgement on a different debt. I literally called over 100 times and left at least 50 messages, 200 emails, and about 10 letters or so with 0 responses from them. They're still reporting on my tradeline as well, but hopefully after I PIF at the end of the week, I won't have to worry about it.

Starting Score(Found em!) 3/13 EX: 392 EQ:421 TU: 408
Current Score: EX: 616 EQ: 657(Fako) TU: 619 01/14/2016
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.