Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Solutions

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

National Credit Solutions

I have a BMG account w/them that was sent to collections.  I offered to PFD but received no response back.  Has anyone had any luck in getting them to agree to pfd or a contact person for them?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Credit Solutions

I also had a collection with them for same reason. I called the number on my credit report for them (405-619-3630) and payed them over phone and they took it off my credit report. Was very surprised. hopefully that will help

Message 2 of 10
ABattle
Regular Contributor

Did you request for them to take it off?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked them before i payed it if they were completely removing it if i payed and they said yes it would just take a few days to show. they followed thru on there word. because if they werent gonna remove it i wasnt gonna pay it because otherwise it still shows up on report  just as payed and supposedly that doesnt help much, if at all anyway since it is already a collection. so ask them before you pay it

Message 4 of 10
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Do you know the DOFD for the account? Do you know if its past SOL? Before doing PFD i will suggest sending them a DV letter, only assuming you are past SOL.

Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 10
ABattle
Regular Contributor

I've already DV'd them & I know this is a valid debt.  I'm trying to buy a house in the next 6 months so I need everything to be paid & I've been going back & forth w/them for quite some time.  I just want to pay it.  I would love to have it removed but so far no response to my pfd.  I will send one more pfd & then I will just try the over the phone approach.

Message 6 of 10
akemp9480
Valued Member

Send a dv letter. Then after 30 days file the online complaint with the BBB and FTC bc they won't respond. I did and just got a letter from them stating they are deleting.

Starting Score: 635
Current Score: 547
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no violation of FDCPA 809(b) by failure of the debt collector  to provide debt verification within any period of time, such as some imaginary 30-day period.  That is a fiction.

Thus, the FTC has no basis for holding of a vioaltion of debt validation under FDCPA 809(b) for non-response to a DV request..  The FTC, to my knowledge, never has.

If some have experienced a deletion by a debt collector based on sending such a complaint to the FTC, it was almost assuredly not due to any FTC intervention.  It was a separate choice made independently by the debt collector to just be rid of the matter.

Message 8 of 10
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

I just recently had this CA show up on my credit reports with a bogus account and all I did was dispute it with the CRA's as not mine and they were deleted....all except Experian, it's still under investigation :-(.

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 9 of 10
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

EX just verified this account as mine, what can I do at this point?  I don't want to pay it because it's not mine, do anyone have any suggestions for me?

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.