cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Systems and a Judgement. Who to pay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Credit Systems and a Judgement. Who to pay?

Hello all, hoping for some advice here! I have a judgement from an apartment debt in 2013. The original judgement was for $1500 but and is no longer on my credit reports. Nationl Credit Systems is still reporting it to all 3 CRAs, but at $2500! I have never paid anything on it but I can pay it now. I want to offer a PFD, preferably for a settlement, but certainly not for more than the original judgement of $1500! Who do I contact about this, the OC or the CA? Also if I am able to pay the judgement through the CA for $1500 or less how can I make sure the account by NCS is deleted? If I have to go through NCS how do I make sure the judgement is satisfied?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National Credit Systems and a Judgement. Who to pay?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, hoping for some advice here! I have a judgement from an apartment debt in 2013. The original judgement was for $1500 but and is no longer on my credit reports. Nationl Credit Systems is still reporting it to all 3 CRAs, but at $2500! I have never paid anything on it but I can pay it now. I want to offer a PFD, preferably for a settlement, but certainly not for more than the original judgement of $1500! Who do I contact about this, the OC or the CA? Also if I am able to pay the judgement through the CA for $1500 or less how can I make sure the account by NCS is deleted? If I have to go through NCS how do I make sure the judgement is satisfied?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A PFD cannot be used on a judgment that is reporting only a judge can vacate a judgment. You want to pay the owner of the judgment and you could make a deal for them to file motion to vacate once its been paid, this will get it off your report. As far as the OC/CA you will have to use GW letters to try and get them to remove it. With a judgment they can come for your money at anytime.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.