Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Systems

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Credit Systems

I recently found out that my little sister got an apartment n my name in Atlanta (il live in Textas) about 6 years ago. I am currently trying to get an apartment for myself now and this 1800 debt is a total hinderance to me, is there somethng that I can do. I called the original apartment comlex and they are under new manangement and have no records. What do I do, just pay it????

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Credit Systems

Use ID Theft provision of FCRA 605B to get it removed. It will require making an ID Theft report, but you are not required to point fingers at anyone...

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The block of the information under FCRA 605B requires sending an identity theft report to the CRA.

An identity theft report is the FCRA terminology for a police report.

The law enforcement officer taking the report will almost assuredly ask if you have any knowledge/information as to who may have used your identity.

That is the logical first step on their part.

At that point, stating that you have no idea would be a bit less than truthful.  I would expect, in filing of a police report, to provide that information.

Message 3 of 7

I was a similar situation and now have a NATL CRED SYS judgement on my report. I left the apartment with two months notice as required. My ex did not leave. Apartment was in both of our names. I'm not getting any garnishments or lien (I don't own anything anyway! haha)

What are my options? She was physically abusive but I don't have any police reports to back this up. I did call the police a few times because I wanted to leave her (to prevent her from getting violent), came back, left etc.... 

I am considering doing a 605B with a report.

Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@123890 wrote:

I was a similar situation and now have a NATL CRED SYS judgement on my report. I left the apartment with two months notice as required. My ex did not leave. Apartment was in both of our names. I'm not getting any garnishments or lien (I don't own anything anyway! haha)

What are my options? She was physically abusive but I don't have any police reports to back this up. I did call the police a few times because I wanted to leave her (to prevent her from getting violent), came back, left etc.... 

I am considering doing a 605B with a report.

This is an interesting one that I can't figure out where you would stand.  Maybe one Rob or one of those guys can help with. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7

At the previous apartment (we left this one at the right time) she actually did impersonate me, by getting into my email and electronically signing the lease renewal. Perhaps with a lawyers help I could come to an agreement where she has to cover the apartment payment 100%, or I file the report.
Message 6 of 7

Also the court case is now a defaulted judgment. But I missed it because I was not properly served.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.