cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Debt Relief or other credit Consolidation Companies? Advice Please!

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

National Debt Relief or other credit Consolidation Companies? Advice Please!

Hello everyone, My family and I are currently swimming in about $20,000 debt and I have had it. I just can't take the stress of knowing that I'm not doing everything I can be doing to be a good supporter for my family. Does anyone have any experience with National Debt Relief or any other credit settlement companies? I have to do something to get us back on our feet and I'm looking into this option. I'm currently not behind on ANY payments but that day is fast approaching, I'm trying to get ahead of the game here and settle these credit card accounts as quickly as possible. My wife is pregnant with our second child who will be here Thursday of next week so I'm looking at this situation as a chance for a fresh start. We rely on my income currently which is only about $27,000. I'm currently an accounting major and I'm hoping to be done with school in the next couple of years which will then help the income situation. I apologize if I'm rambeling but I'm just trying to give some background information so that someone may be able to give me good advice on the situaiton. Thanks in advance!!!

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: National Debt Relief or other credit Consolidation Companies? Advice Please!

I suggest going to suze ormans website and she will link you over to "NON FOR PROFIT" Debt counseling that will help you on a 3-5 year plan with a 2-10% interest and it will not ruin your credit and you will pay everyone pack... it's the only way to do it if you are not going to do it on your own and you don't want to file BK... don't do any settlement plans, they are the WORST!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Debt Relief or other credit Consolidation Companies? Advice Please!

You might want to check the general credit and the rebuilding forums as they are more suited for this. While this is technically not rebuilding, it will potentially include relevant topics. 

I have little to no experience with credit consolidation and the like as I have never been involved with the process. However, as the prior poster stated, be very careful. They often hurt your credit and the savings are sometimes questionable. Do your due diligence before jumping into any option. Sorry I am not of more help, but all I can do is caution you to be careful. Good luck. 

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's like ccrg or something that you want
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You might want to check the general credit and the rebuilding forums as they are more suited for this. While this is technically not rebuilding, it will potentially include relevant topics. 

I have little to no experience with credit consolidation and the like as I have never been involved with the process. However, as the prior poster stated, be very careful. They often hurt your credit and the savings are sometimes questionable. Do your due diligence before jumping into any option. Sorry I am not of more help, but all I can do is caution you to be careful. Good luck. 

+1.  Good suggestion and congrats on your baby OP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.