Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Grid - Back Door Number and/or Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Grid - Back Door Number and/or Advice

I just discovered that my electric utility, National Grid, has been reporting a serious delinquency since Aug 2014.  This has put my credit into a tailspin.

In July 2014 I entered a partial payment agreement with National Grid (I likely slipped a couple times). However, they are reporting 120+ days past due with a past due balance. In the comment section of my CR is says "Paying under partial payment agreement, 120 days past due". Sadly, until now I didn't even know that utility companies reported to the credit bureaus. This is still an open, active account and National Grid is still my electric provider. 

This is my only ding on my Credit Report (and it's a bad one!!). I need to try to get this removed so that I can refinance my mortgage. Does anyone have a "back door" contact for them (Upstate NY) or any helpful tips???

Please help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Grid - Back Door Number and/or Advice

Can anyone help me with a valid contact for National Grid? Advice? Thanks!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm watching this thread for answers too. National Grid is  reporting me late for an account that is current. I was late in December, but they haven't updated the tradeline since then. I called the number on my bill but I kept getting transferred around and nobody could help me.  I didn't know they reported either. What a nasty surprise!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others might be able to better answer this, but personally I would simply dispute it with the CRA's. Additionally, would even put in a BBB complaint depending on the situation )if you are current, etc.).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ 750by50 -- Will you please, please let me know if you are able to get anywhere with your National Grid situation?? Or if you find out any information? I will do the same!! It sounds like we are in the same situation with this company. Nasty surprise, indeed! And devastating to my otherwise good credit! Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping -- Still in desperate need for a Back Door contact for National Grid (Upstate NY).  THANK YOU!

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would be discussing this with the CEO of the company.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.