Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Grid GW Fail

tag
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

National Grid GW Fail

I have a few closed accounts with National Grid who provides utility service in the northeast (NY here). I moved from one apt to another and National Grid closed the old account and opened a new one. As I was irresponsible at the time, I was several months behind on my utilities and National Grid reported as such on the first account,a nd carried over the balance and delinquent status to the second account. I got slammed with two bad accounts on EQ immediately. Ouch, but I guess I deserved it.

I've tried to GW them twice now--the first time they didn't even respond, and the second time I received a curt, unsigned letter back stating they only update credit reports when they make an error and they didn't make an error in this case, so tough luck.

Has anyone had any success with GWing National Grid? Any other thoughts on how I could go about getting these accounts deleted? These accounts are the only difference between my EQ and TU reports, and my TU scores (both myFICO and Walmart) are noticeably higher than my EQ score.

Thank you for any and all responses.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: National Grid GW Fail

NGrid user here....

I had an issue that when we moved they gave us an "estimated" bill....well I guess our usage the month we moved was higher than what they estimated it would be.

Didn't get the bill..then found it a couple years later (about 2.5). I never got anything from the collection agency.

Funny thing is I started new service witht them at my new place (starting the day we moved) and they never tried to take on the couple bucks onto the new account.

When I called them I got the "there is nothing we can do and we won't remove it". I decided to just pay it because in the end it was literally under $10 I owed and I figured if I paid it I could at least GW them and say that if I call every week its going to end up costing them far more than the $10 I owed in the first place.

When I paid them, their tradeline as well as the CA's tradeline were removed and I didn't even have to call once or even send a letter asking for them to remove it.

If you can pay it, who knows maybe you'll get lucky....but yeah, I've never talked to one person there that would even enteratain the idea of a PFD.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 2 of 6
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

That's scary, I just recently moved as well and cancelled all service with them. They estimated the last month's payment as well and I was worried that what happened to you could happen to me so I called a few weeks later to verify that I didn't owe anything, and they assured me I didn't... if that comes back to bite me I'll sic my lawyer on them!

As for the accounts I was referring to, I realize now that I wasn't clear--so sorry. They're both paid in full now, but have several late payments showing that I am hoping to have removed.

AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 3 of 6
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

If they have been paid, and they weren't removed then they probably won't remove them.

They were gone off my reports literally 1 week after I paid them. So like all things in life, I probably got lucky and others might not get the same results....

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 4 of 6
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Congratulations to you for the deletes. I won't give up on the GW process, I think I just need to find some big wigs to send emails to and try to get something rolling that way.

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@atarvuzdar wrote:

Congratulations to you for the deletes. I won't give up on the GW process, I think I just need to find some big wigs to send emails to and try to get something rolling that way.

+1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.