Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Grid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Grid

Has anyone had luck getting National Grid to delete a collection? I'm beyond frustrated with them and getting nowhere! They Apprently sent notices and made calls at an old address where I never got mail. I always got mail at y current location. Needless to say, I never got anything and found out about the collection from my credit report. I called them and filed BBB complaints to no avail. I don't know what else to do. I have another account with them, so they had my correct address.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National Grid

You have 2 choices try a complaint with the CFPB   or if you believe you were wronged and can prove it send the CA an ITS letter (intent to sue).

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection from national grid as well due to an old address and being under the impression that I left it at a zero balance.

I paid national grid directly (about a month ago) in full and it was off my report within two weeks.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I may call them and see if they will delete it if I pay in full. I never even saw a bill saying I owed this.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I feel I was wronged is because they sent the bill to the wrong address even though we were current customers and they had our correct address. I have no idea where that mail went, because we never got mail there. It was probsbly just returned.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have the same situation going on with them, were you ever able to get it removed of your reports? They are my OC, but CA are the ones reporting..
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. They are the only collection I have on my report. It's only reporting on Experian. I figure it won't affect anything, so I'm just going to let it fall off in a couple of years.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.