cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Recovery Agency - weird call

tag
740orbust

National Recovery Agency - weird call

First off I have to thank you all for the great information I've found on this site! You guys are truly amazing

Ok, so I contacted NRA over email rearding 2 accounts with them both from 2009. The first contact was ignored completely. I sent another request through their website and received a dunning letter via mail. I have read on a few posts the best way to remove items with NRA is to call. I called this morning and the agent told me that only one account shows in their system even though I have 2 reporting on Experian. I'm not sure what to make of that or what to do to get that off my report. The second account I aske him how to eliminate and he told me once it reports to my credit repot it will be deleted within 30 - 90 days but I don't have to pay? I'm confused! Has anyone else dealt with them and received conflicting information?

Starting Score: 564
Current Score: (TU) 691 (EQ) 649 (EX) 670
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
740orbust

Re: National Recovery Agency - weird call

Anyone? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Could you provide us with more information on the debts? 

How old are they?

What were they for?

How  much is due?

Who is the OC?

What is the fall off date on your CR?

Just some basics... 

If the company sent you a dunning letter, respond to it within the 30 days, DV, CMRR.

Never take their word for something - always get it in writing.

Message 3 of 4
740orbust

Both are from late 2009 for Columbia house and bmg. Bmg is $49 and columbia house is $82. Both are due to fall off in 2014.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.