Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Recovery Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National Recovery Agency

Hello everyone,

I thought I would share my experience with National Recovery Agency in Harrisburg, Pa for anyone who has a collection with them. 

I started by sending a PFD to which they never responded.  So I called them.  The agent was very nice and offered to delete from my credit report if I paid off my account.  I didn't ask to settle for a smaller amount as it was only a $63 collection.  So on 4/6, I paid the $63 owed plus a $7.95 fee for paying over the phone and I was told to expect removal between 30 and 90 days.  The collection came off my account on 4/26.  They give nothing in writing but they did follow through very quickly with what they said they would. 

If only all collection agencies were this easy to deal with.  Cat Happy  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: National Recovery Agency

Congrats on the successful PFD!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you AutoBot.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Witchykitty! May I ask how you got them to offer to delete for payment? I have a collection with National Recovery, and when I called they said they would report it as paid in full, and that I would have to contact the CRA to have it removed.  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lucy. 

I called and said I saw the collection on my credit report and was calling to inquire about making payment and the rep offered.  He told me that if I paid that day that they would remove the account from my credit report.  I asked again to make sure I was hearing him correctly and he said that it would be removed and to allow between 30 and 90 days to see the change.  It was gone in 20 days. 

Maybe try calling again to get someone different. 

Message 5 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good for you OP!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good for you on the PFD!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'll call them again tomorrow in hopes of speaking to someone different. Hopefully I can have the same success you did!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! I know I'm not the only one who got a pay for delete from them so hopefully you'll be the next.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.  I called at a different time of day to get a different agent on the phone.  I still had to ask if the collection would be removed, and the agent stated that they would advise the CRA to mark as paid in full and delete.  It took about 4 weeks since making payment for my credit report to update and the account was deleted! 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.