Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National recovery

tag
ainglese
Established Member

National recovery

Last week i had national recovery tell me they would pay for delete a account that just showed up. I cpuld not get them to put it in writing but promised it would be deleted from my credit report. After some research many people say they do it so im not worried any how, my question to this fine community is if i dispute it will they just ignore the dispute and it will fall off or am i better off waiting for the 1-3 months he said it would take to come off.  Trying to finance a new car in may and would like for this to be off.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: National recovery

@ainglese wrote:

Last week i had national recovery tell me they would pay for delete a account that just showed up. I cpuld not get them to put it in writing but promised it would be deleted from my credit report. After some research many people say they do it so im not worried any how, my question to this fine community is if i dispute it will they just ignore the dispute and it will fall off or am i better off waiting for the 1-3 months he said it would take to come off.  Trying to finance a new car in may and would like for this to be off.  

So many questions......

How old is this collection? Does it show activity, or has it been sitting dormant on your reports for quite a while?

Primarily: DO NOT DISPUTE. If they're going to play nice, expect it to come off in roughly sixty days. If you dispute it, you'll just add more time to it hanging around, if it's not found favorable for you on the attempt. Besides, you might annoy the CA, and they'll just forego the PFD agreement, leaving you high and dry.

Message 2 of 4
ainglese
Established Member

Yes only few months old.  Great advice i will just wait

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do Not Dispute.

CRA policy clearly instructs all furnishers not to delete based on payment of the debt.

The CRAs are in business to develop and sell complete credit histories, and dont see it in the interest of the credti reporting system (i.e., their profits) to remove accurate information.

In addition to there being no inaccuracy upon which to base a dispute,you are informing the CRA that the furnisher is acting contrary to CRA policy by agreeing to delete based on payment of the debt, and you are requesting the CRA to invervene by deleting for a reason that is contrary to their policy.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.