Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationstar Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationstar Dispute

I initiated a dispute, directly with Nationstar on a 30 day late from last October.  I received an email confirmation that they had received my dispute request.  Now, over 30 days later, I still have not heard from them. I decided to check my credit report today and I am seeing the following status.  Does anyone know what this means??

Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationstar Dispute

The dispute was probably completed and they sided with Nationstar.
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, it means they have verified the accuracy.

They have 30 days from receipt of the dispute to complete their investigation, and up to five business days thereafter to send the Notice of Results, which is the formal document that concludes the dispute..

Thus, receipt in your mail box could be up to 30 days plus 8 days plus mailing time.

I would wait at least 40-45 days from their receipt date until contesting their delay in completion.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personaly wouldn't stop there if thats the case, sometimes it took me 3 times to get a dispute to go through but worth a shot

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you everyone.  I appreicate the info!

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Second and subsequent disputes that are substantially the same as a prior dispute can be dismissed without any requriment to investigate as being frivolous or irrelevant.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.