Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationstar vent

tag
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Nationstar vent

Back story...I filed chapter 13 bk in 6/11.  My mortgage was included in the bankruptcy.  My original DOFD was 7/10 on the mortgage.  I paid the mortgage thru the bk for awhile but it too was eventually included in the discharge of debts.  The mortgage was never brought current because I did not pay it thru the bankruptcy long enough for it to be brought current.  Either way, it was discharged thru my Ch 13.

I disputed the DOFD because they were using the bk date instead of 7/10.  Instead of correcting or deleting the mortgage, they update it to show lates after the Bk and as a foreclosure.  I'm so furious right now!  I've filed a complaint with the CFPB and also have called the CEO's office.  

I just needed to vent!  Thanks for "listening"

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationstar vent

@medicgrrl wrote:

Back story...I filed chapter 13 bk in 6/11.  My mortgage was included in the bankruptcy.  My original DOFD was 7/10 on the mortgage.  I paid the mortgage thru the bk for awhile but it too was eventually included in the discharge of debts.  The mortgage was never brought current because I did not pay it thru the bankruptcy long enough for it to be brought current.  Either way, it was discharged thru my Ch 13.

I disputed the DOFD because they were using the bk date instead of 7/10.  Instead of correcting or deleting the mortgage, they update it to show lates after the Bk and as a foreclosure.  I'm so furious right now!  I've filed a complaint with the CFPB and also have called the CEO's office.  

I just needed to vent!  Thanks for "listening"

Appreciate your sharing information so some of us can be aware of situations like this. A "Rant" feels good and needs to be done. Stay the course!!!

Message 2 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Ugh...spoke with the secretary to the CEO, she has forwarded my information to the VP to call me today.  I called Experian and it's even worse than I thought!  This account was supposed to fall off next month due to DOFD 7/10.  They have updated it to show DOFD 10/16 (after my discharge!) and now it's scheduled to fall off in 2023!!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! That is terrible. I hope the VP was able to help when he/she called.
Message 4 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yikes! That is terrible. I hope the VP was able to help when he/she called.

I spoke with another very nice lady.  I explained to her what was going on and emailed her a copy of the Trustee letter showing the DOFD along with a copy of my credit report showing how they updated it.  I also put in the email that I am requesting, as a courtesy, that they delete the TL from all 3 bureau's since it was supposed to fall off next month anyway.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this gets resolved quickly before any of my creditors see it!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Does the loan show a charge-off?

If not, then it has no exclusion date/period based on DOFD.

Message 6 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

It previously showed as IIB with an exclusion date of 5/18. The actual default date, per the letter I have from the Trustee was 12/10 with a DOFD of 7/10. I disputed the DOFD as the mortgage company was using the BK filing date instead of 7/10.

The mortgage company changed the status to "Credit grantor reclaimed collateral to settle defaulted mortgage". In addition to this, they added 120 day lates after the BK was discharged. Experian said the exclusion date is now 2023....7 years after the discharge of the debt.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Also, can they send me an "informational statement" showing a past due amount with a payment coupon on a discharged debt?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 10
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Update... Nationstar fixed my report and removed ALL derogatory indicators! Yay!! Experian is the only one to update so far. My score went up 13 points.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad to hear that.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.