Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Recovery Service uhhh

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Recovery Service uhhh

Hi everyone,

I've been working so hard to fix my credit and all of a sudden an old collection appeared from no where !

Its an old medical bill from 2013, they never sent me any information. My insurance was suppose to take care of it but I don't know what happened. What I want to do is send them a debt validation letter. Whats the best way to approach this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Nationwide Recovery Service uhhh

Same thing happened to DH last week for a medical bill from 2011. Same company, have no idea what this debt is and have received no information. Ugh, plan to send a DV letter next month because the SOL is probably expired.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They should have sent you dunning notice within 5 days after posting to your credit report.

Since they have not sent dunning notice, any DV that you send will be timely, and thus invoke a cease collection bar.

The standard format:

"This is a request for debt validation under FDCPA 809(b).

I request verification of the asserted debt, an itemization of the debt, and the name of the original creditor."

Additionally, some states have enhanced debt validation requirements beyond those of the federal FDCPA, and it is usually advisable if you reside in such a state to send the request under your state law rather than the FDCPA.

What is your state of residence?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sucks, i was doing so good and bam i get a dumb collection. They should have least sent me a letter before sending it off to CA. I would have paid it on the spot!

I am in FL

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unfortunately, FL does not have an enhanced DV process on the books......

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.