Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Recovery Systems - sent DV, never received anything back

tag
themeggerz
New Contributor

Nationwide Recovery Systems - sent DV, never received anything back

* this does not show on any of my credit reports. My current TU score is 697 *

I got a notice beginning of September from NRS that I owe on an AT&T bill.  I am a current AT&T customer (my husband is the account holder).

I sent a DV via CMRRR - they received 9/13/2011.

I did not receive anything from NRS.  

If they do not respond to my DV, what is my next step?  What if they claim they sent something "regular mail"? I've never NOT received a DV, certified mail.

Its for $225 but the point is - I'm a current customer, I don't have my own account, never have.  I don't want to pay for something that certainly isn't mine.

Thanks in advance!!

SCORES (2/2013): EX 795 TU 717 EXP 726
Goal: 800+ and Gardening

Wallet: NavyFed 15k AMEX BCE 2k Discover 3k BOA 5k
CapitalOne 2250 HSBC RZM 950 Best Buy SC 2900
GEMB/Paypal 3700 Merrick Bank 1k Zales 2k Barclays 1300 GEMB/AJMadison 3600 Walmart 800 VS 500 NY&CO 400
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nationwide Recovery Systems - sent DV, never received anything back

Never pay anthing that isn't yours!!!!  It amazes me that people will.

45 days after they have received your DV request, I would write to them again.  Just to cover yourself in the event they claim they mailed you something regular mail.  

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nationwide Recovery Systems - sent DV, never received anything back

@themeggerz wrote:

* this does not show on any of my credit reports. My current TU score is 697 *

I got a notice beginning of September from NRS that I owe on an AT&T bill.  I am a current AT&T customer (my husband is the account holder).

I sent a DV via CMRRR - they received 9/13/2011.

I did not receive anything from NRS.  

If they do not respond to my DV, what is my next step?  What if they claim they sent something "regular mail"? I've never NOT received a DV, certified mail.

Its for $225 but the point is - I'm a current customer, I don't have my own account, never have.  I don't want to pay for something that certainly isn't mine.

Thanks in advance!!

Unless you live in Texas a CA never has to respond to a DV but they have to suspend all collection activity until they do answer.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.