cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient + Direct Loans lates removal GW success!

tag
Deltadog03
Established Contributor

Re: Navient + Direct Loans lates removal GW success!

Thank your for that!! I appreciate it.  They will all turn positive in SEP 2018, but man, its a killer having those 21 lates on there...lol

EQ8: 646 EQ5: 652 V3.0: 665 **8/2015
TU8: 635 TU4: 700 V3.0 :663 **8/2015
EX8: 636 EX3: 670 V3.0: ? **8/2015
CCD Util 35%

Message 11 of 23
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Deltadog03 wrote:

Thank your for that!! I appreciate it.  They will all turn positive in SEP 2018, but man, its a killer having those 21 lates on there...lol

It is a killer. It was so nice to see it moved to accounts in good standing as "open/never late."

It's giving me the fuel to go after the last of my student loan lates. It's really unfair that student loans get split into a million accounts when you're making one monthly payment. Can't wait to see some honest to goodness student loan reform. I've been fortunate enough never to default, but I had a really rough year of unemployment and accumulated all of my lates in that time frame. I wish lates didn't last as long as collections, charge-offs, and other more permanent negatives, especially with an account that is currently in good standing. Oh well, we forge on. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd definitely be interested in giving Direct Loans a sho...

I'd definitely be interested in giving Direct Loans a shot at GWing some accounts. I don't think the ones I have reporting are currently held by them but it'd be worth a shot atleast, especially since you said DL was pretty easy to deal with.

Thanks,
Oz
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG.   You are my new credit hero.  

Message 14 of 23
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!! Navient is removing mine also...can't wait for the update!

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please message me the Direct Loans contact information also? Thanks!

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Sorry to bump up the thread, but I have an update on my US Dept of Ed / Direct Loans accounts. I had two of these accounts that were displaying on my Experian report. One with a 60 day late and one with several 90-120 day lates. I entered an online dispute for the 60 day late about 3 weeks ago, and I am happy to report that BOTH of the accounts have been deleted ! I was pleasantly surprised to find both of those negative items finally removed from my files.

It appears that is indeed true; the US Dept. of Ed no longer responds to disputes, so the outcomes are usually deletions. Whatever the reason, I'm happy!

Thank you all, I love this place!

Message 17 of 23
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: I'd definitely be interested in giving Direct Loans a sho...

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd definitely be interested in giving Direct Loans a shot at GWing some accounts. I don't think the ones I have reporting are currently held by them but it'd be worth a shot atleast, especially since you said DL was pretty easy to deal with.

Thanks,
Oz

I just disputed it on credit reports and it came off due to Direct Loans not being around anymore. I didn't have some special contact or anything else. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'd definitely be interested in giving Direct Loans a sho...

UUGH! Navient won't remove my lates or my husbands!!! Why?!? It makes no sense to me!! I don't understand it!! We've had good payments (both of us) since the lates for over 2 years...via autodraft, no less!

So frustrating!

Message 19 of 23
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I finally drafted out and sent my goodwill letter to Navient yesterday. It was very cathartic. I can say without a doubt that dealing with the student loan debt is the most trying part of my life over the last 25 years.

The agent I first connected with was very helpful. After my fax and email, I got a personal call within 24 hours. I wasn't even aware that Sallie Mae was gone--that alone is worth celebrating. When I ran out of all deferments and forbearances, Sallie Mae granted me what they called an "administrative deferment." I suppose that's what they do when it's either that or default and the borrower calls in and tries to work it out. In my case, I was at the end of the line on all deferments. But in the end, Sallie Mae still ended up reporting my account late seven times over a seven year period. (It really was three series of supposed late payments.)  My loans were resconsolidated and paid off in September 2013. Sallie Mae made over $100,000 in PROFIT from my one loan alone. Could fairness dictate that they honor their word to me, their assurance that the account would not be reported late? I don't want them to lie or change what happened. I just want them to honor what they told me. Also, my loan was permanently stuck at over 8% (yes 8%) and I was never able to get the rate reduced. 

So I am waiting on an answer. I spoke with the advocate today and went over my case. He was very nice and is reviewing it.

Sallie Mae was paid in full and made a tremendous profit from me. I have no other late payments or any degrogatories on any other of my accounts.

So I wait. If this request is not granted I suppose my only other alternative is to contact the federal ambusdman. I'm prepared to do that.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.