Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient Student Loan Wacky Reporting

tag
cassett
Contributor

Navient Student Loan Wacky Reporting

I have 4 SL accounts with Navient and they all have really crazy reporting lates on them. (See image posted below). They all have similar reports but are all slightly different. Which makes no sense because they all have had the same due dates. These loans have been in either forbearance or deferment their entire lives. Ive seen its pretty hard to get these baddies knocked off because navient will just say they where backdated late fees. These late payments do not make any sense though. Theys tart at 190 days late and go for 3 months. I know i was never that late. I have disputed all of these online and i am hoping they will drop off but after seeing most people do not have luck with this im starting to loose hope. Am I doing everythign i should be doing atm?

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 6.50.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 6.57.09 PM.png

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navient Student Loan Wacky Reporting

A direct dispute AKA Section 623 is likely to yield better results than disputing with the CRAs, you can go into detail directly with the creditor.

Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Have you previously filed a dispute?

If not and you plan to continue to contest, you should file a dispute, even if you expect them to verify.

I agree with the advice to use us direct dispute, which will ensure they receive alll of your documentatioh and arguments, not a sanitized summary via their e-Oscar process.

You should always first avail yourself of the admin dispute process under the FCRA before excalating to CFPB complaints or civil action.

That requires their placing of record that they have conducted a reasonsble investigation of the accuracy of the reported information.

Message 3 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Wow!!!! I'm having the same problems with Navient.  How do I resolve this?

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was having the same issue with AES (who is backed by Navient, I recently found out when I was inquiring abt out an interest rate reduction).  However, what I did was requested the company to send me my history of deferments and forbearances, with the dates.  This way, I could send this information the CRA's and dispute it.  B/c AES had told me at the time, they would go back and remove the late derogs but haven't done so and do not seem like they will try to after numerous calls to them.

Message 5 of 10
cassett
Contributor

I have disputed it online but I havent heard back yet. Ive had 5 other disputes on my report that i filed a day or two apart from these a couple weeks ago that have already been resolved. Im assuming it will probably take the full 30 days. 

What exactly is a direct dispute? i have a total of 48 late payments with all of these on there and im sure this is one of the main issues wrecking my credit. 

Message 6 of 10
cassett
Contributor

If it comes back as valid. should i do this "direct dispute" first? or go directly to the cfpb?

Message 7 of 10
cassett
Contributor

So they came back as valid today with no changes. Should i do this direct dispute with navient? I have a feeling that they wont do anything. or should i just go straight to the cfpb?

Message 8 of 10
cassett
Contributor

I have decided to send a letter to navient.

Could i get some feedback on it>?

"Hello,

I have 4 different loans that have been in deferment and forbearance their whole lives. I have never made a payment on these loans but somehow they are showing up on my credit reports with multiple 190 150 90 day lates. This is impossible because they where in deferment or forbearance there entire lives.

When Sallie Mae had these accounts it was only showing 2 or 3 lates. After the transfer to Navient in early 2014, up to 11 late payments per account have popped up on my credit report by you. This has ruined my credit. Also, these late payments are being reported very oddly. All of these separate accounts have different late payments for different months. This makes no sense because they where always due at the same time.

These all seem very inaccurate.

I am requesting my full payment history showing that i missed these payments. I am fully disputing the accuracy of Navients reporting to the credit bureaus.  If evidence can not be provided showing that I have missed these payments then  request that the inaccurate late payments be deleted from my credit report."

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats the update on this? Any resoulution? 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.